Parenting after 35

Has your SO ever driven with LO alone?

Mine has not.  And I am afraid for when he needs to!

Re: Has your SO ever driven with LO alone?

• DH does. He is a much safer driver than I am so I prefer DH to drive.
  • DH takes Aaron all over by himself.  IMO, he always forgets something (ie. a bib) but otherwise does very well.  He just never remembers to check the diaper bag to make sure it's stocked with necessities.

DH has had mandatory furlough days since August (ie. 10% pay cut but at least he didn't lose his job) and he's off 1 day per pay period (every 2 weeks). So if his furlough day is when DS has physical therapy, he takes him.  And he's also taken Aaron out to lunch with his family (SIL is a SAHM) a few times.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Loading the player...
  • Sure.  He does day care drop-off or pickup depending on our work schedules, he sometimes takes DD on errands, and he does a lot of the driving when we are all in the car together as well.

Do you feel like your SO is an unsafe driver?

DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • All the time.  I've never had any concerns.  What worries you about it?
  • Wow, you all have great husbands!  Give them all kisses for that! 

I am afraid my DH will have a meltdown if she starts to cry.  One day, he will have to and I will be a nervous wreck.  He works m-f til 630 pm, so she is always with me in the car.

• Yep!  DH has pick-up duty from daycare and also has taken DD to the pool by himself and both DS and DD on errands, together and separately, without me.  He's actually a lot more blase about and oblivious too stuff in the car than I am.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• No, bur we hardly ever drive with DD anyway. She has been in a car about 6 times since she was born, usually just to go to the dr's office. We walk everywhere with her, she enjoys it a lot more and so do we.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't think he has, actually. Weird!
  • All the time!  Basically every day.  For DD's first 13 months, DH was a SAH/WAHD.  And now we do a nanny share at the other family's house.  I drop DD off in the morning, and SH picks her up in the afternoon.
  • DH stayed home with Laney for 3 weeks after I returned to work, and now he drops her off at the sitter in the morning.  

Mari - does your DH not handle her crying well at home?  Just curious as to the basis of your concerns.   

• imagecarladillon:

DH stayed home with Laney for 3 weeks after I returned to work, and now he drops her off at the sitter in the morning.  

Mari - does your DH not handle her crying well at home?  Just curious as to the basis of your concerns.   

He's not home with her alone long enough to experience a real blowout.

• Yep - DH has her all to himself on Sundays when I'm working. They go on little trips around the bay area to go hiking. Then there are some odd errands and such. He really does well - he's very involved.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • Yes DH does often.  I just always remind him to be extra careful and then don't think about it anymore for my own sanity.
  • imageMoiselle:
    imagecarladillon:

DH stayed home with Laney for 3 weeks after I returned to work, and now he drops her off at the sitter in the morning.  

He's not home with her alone long enough to experience a real blowout.

Would he be willing to take her out on some short errands where he wouldn't have to have her in the car very long to see how it goes?  Like to the post office or the bank?  Has he ever used a carrier?  When S was little DH always took the Baby Bjorn with him, and he'd pop her in there to take care of an errand or two.  She loved it, and it helped build his confidence.  Now he takes her out for a "daddy/daughter day" almost every weekend.

• DH hasn't driven the twins alone but drives griffin alone all the time - there just hasn't been a need for him to drive the twins - but he would if he needed to.
  • All the time. Sorry but I don't even understand why he wouldn't.  He is their father not some stranger. 
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Every week, DH takes DD to the grocery store.  I don't ever worry about it -- plus it's the only free time alone for me in the house.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"