LGBT Parenting

How do you ladies feel about bisexuality?

I may be entirely out of line posting here (if so, I apologize. Not sure what protocol is).

Since having my son (because of a casual sexual relationship with a man), I have thought many times of how it would be easier, since I'm obviously attracted to men, to just be in a straight relationship....and never mind the fact that I've only been in love once, with a woman.

I think "oh, it would be nice to be conventional and not complicated and have that easier lifestyle" and then I do something silly (like um...watch The L Word again lol) and think "damn it all to hell, women are sexy."

I feel so much stigma is associated with being bisexual, and to be a bisexual single mom just makes me want to scream in frustration, not really having anywhere I seem to fit in.

What are your views on this all? Would you date a bisexual with a child? Is it something you see as uncommon and something to steer clear of? I feel like I have no chance of being attractive to women now that I'm sort of tainted by the heterosexual lifestyle.

Or am I looking too far into it?

Re: How do you ladies feel about bisexuality?

• Personally - it is all on the individual, it depends on whom they love - it doesn't matter to me if they're gay/bisexual/transgender/or straight.  It depends on where you feel the love coming from - the person - regardless of their gender.  I've dated bisexuals before - just everyone has their own opinion. But you're welcome to join us on the board here.. we love everyone! (right gals?!) 
  • Right!!.. I feel the same way. You are who you are you just have to accept your self... And find out what you. Me personally I love all ppl gay straight bi etc and I'm surrounded by it daily and it does phase me one bit were all human.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm bi too. Ive had casual relationships with men but long term relationships with women only. However I'm having my children through AI as a single woman right now. The last guy I was having a "casual" thing with offered but I didn't want to be tied down to a "known donor" forever. It's hard to find a place to fit in on these boards since I'm single by choice but dont have all the ex boyfriend/husband drama! This one is the most inline with my general life path. 

• imagebethlhurn:

What are your views on this all? Would you date a bisexual with a child? Is it something you see as uncommon and something to steer clear of? I feel like I have no chance of being attractive to women now that I'm sort of tainted by the heterosexual lifestyle.

Or am I looking too far into it?

Its an individual thing, but I personally would have no issue dating a bisexual with a child.  Sexuality, imo, is so fluid and falls on such a wide spectrum that its impossible for me to imagine people placed strictly into "gay" "straight" and "bi" categories.  In my mind, the majority of people are bi to some degree.  The thought of someone being "tainted by the heterosexual lifestyle" would never, ever cross my mind.

And feel free to post here all you want - we have very few protocols ;)

• Hi everyone.  I'm not a member of the LGBT community but I really hate to see all of the stigma and hatered that is rearded towards LGBT people.  It just really makes me want to vomit.  With that being said, I played on a woman's flag football team where I was the only one who was straight.  Many of the members on the team were couples.  I would say that in more than half of the couples at least one of them had a biological child and they were happy in their family structures.  I was actually curious about this subject so I asked some of my teammates (including my sister and her wife) and this is what they told me.  So although I don't have an opinion from a personal experience, from what I've been told, it doesn't really matter.  If someone loves you, they don't see you as "tainted" by the hetero lifestyle.  It's not about what or who you did (LOL!!!), but your current actions.  Honestly, if someone can't accept you and your beautiful son then they don't really deserve to be with you anyway, male or female.  GL!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was lurking and read this post. I am straight (most of the time, with the occasional fantasy of another woman shared with my Dh haha), but I must say, you guys are WAY more accepting of people on this board than just about any of the other boards. There always seems to be some stipulation about who can post, or what you can and cant say when you do post on other boards. I really applaud your acceptance and may come back here for opinions if yall dont mind??
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"