Health & Exercise

Over doing it

Last night I went for a 3 mile walk through DEEP snow.  I was out of breath almost the whole time and exhausted when I was done.  It felt like I overdid it...I should have turned around earlier but by the time I started feeling really tired I was half way around the lake.

Does anyone know what the risks are of overexerting yourself when pregnant?  Can this cause any harm to baby? 

Re: Over doing it

• Well every woman is different, but I was running three miles up until about 6 months until BH contractions forced me to stick with the elliptical. And I work out very regularly but there are women who outdo me to the Nth degree, running half marathons and doing long workouts 7x a week. Exercise won't hurt LO.

I'm sure baby is absolutely fine, but you're probably feeling exhausted because that's a big symptom of first trimester, at least it was for me. A 45 minute grocery trip took it out of me a couple of times!

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I overdid it and had bleeding.  It was from the outside of my cervix.  I have a highly sensitive cervix and it gets irritated easily.  Before pregnancy, I was an avid runner doing 3-4 half marathons a year.  I now can't run but I can certainly walk!  It's tough but just listen to your body.  You shouldn't be overly tired. Some women that extremely over do it can have more serious issues but it doesnt sound like that is you.  Try some prenatal yoga!  It's great!

Hope this helps,

• Loading the player...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"