Preemies

ear tube mamas...

how long did it take you LO to recover from the procedure?  just trying to figure out how much time to take off work. 1 day? 2 days?

Re: ear tube mamas...

• About 30 minutes.  I'm not even kidding!  They use gas, so they aren't completely put under-it only takes our ent 6 minutes to put tubes in! 

When he comes out of recovery, he will cry like you've never heard him cry before.  But its from the anesthesia and the tubes feeling funny.  He'll probably want to sleep after, but then, more than likely will be fine. 

Reese slept for 30 minutes on the way home from the hospital and then was fine.  In fact, I couldn't get her to nap the rest of the day!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesweetpea18:

About 30 minutes.  I'm not even kidding!  They use gas, so they aren't completely put under-it only takes our ent 6 minutes to put tubes in!

Robbie took a little longer. Like an hour. *LOL*

Seriously, it's quick and the recovery was way easy. Robbie does not wake from anesthesia well (the surgery before this one should have been outpatient and he spent a night in the PICU and 2 days in the peds unit, for example) and he did totally fine with the ear tubes. They didn't even give them an IV or intubate.. just gassed him for the 5 minutes it takes. 

I'm not kidding, I don't think he was out of my arms for more than 10 minutes. 

He screamed bloody murder and thrashed and generally freaked out for an hour afterward, but then he was completely fine. Came home, played a while.. took a good nap.. played some more. Completely fine. 

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks, ladies.  I feel better about this.  I was thinking that he would be out of it for a couple days. 
  • It was a lot simpler than I expected, honestly. The anxiety about it beforehand was about 1000x worse than the actual getting it done.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"