Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Anyone else develop a postpartum rash?

I had my baby 10 days ago.  About 2-4 days before delivery my lower abdomen started to itch and now it is unbearable.  It has also spread down my inner thighs and lower leg the last 2 days.  I am using a hydrocortizone cream and lidocaine cream. 

Did anyone else develop this and what did you use to relieve it?  I'm thinking I need to go in and get some steroid medication. TIA.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
my read shelf:
Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Anniversary

Re: Anyone else develop a postpartum rash?

• Options
    It sounds like PUPPS. I'd google and see if the symptoms sound similar. And call your OB. Feel better!
    {Ava 5.16.06} {Ella 12.29.07} {Drew 2.9.10}
  • Options
    Yes! I had red itchy clusters of bumps all along my belly below the belly button and my inner thighs. I didn't use/put anything on it. It itched like crazy and I did scratch it all the time. It ended up going away on it's own after 2 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I posted something a few days ago.  I got the EXACT same thing.  I called my OB's nurse today and she told me the hydrocortizone should relieve it, but not for me.....I just gave up and after I showered I didn't put anything on it and made sure to wear breathable cotton pants anything else aggravates it.  I live an hour and a half away from my OB so if you can, go get it checked out to get relief.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"