Alabama Babies
Options

Laundry spinoff question...

Are LO's clothes supposed to be washed separately?

I had never heard this and we've always washed K's clothes with our clothes. But, we also have always used the "free and clear" type detergent and never use any fabric softener, so I never really thought there was a need to wash them separately.

Just curious!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

Re: Laundry spinoff question...

• Options

I washed Lyla's clothes separately for the first year or so. I used Dreft on her clothes and Tide on ours. Matt does most of the laundry and he likes the scented kind. I wanted to wash hers separate so it wasn't an issue.

I don't think they are supposed to be washed separate. It's a matter of preference IMO.

DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I don't think they have to be...Robinson has a slight case of eczema so we've always washed his clothes, towels, blankets, etc. separately with Dreft.  However, we use the free and clear detergent as well, so after this container of Dreft is gone, he will be mixed in with us.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Other than the random pieces that get in our hamper, I usually wash DS's clothes separate just b/c I only wash them once every week or so so they pile up. I did wash them separate with Dreft to begin with but around 3 mos. I washed a load with Free and Clear like we use and he was fine. So...no more Dreft...
  • Options
    I wash them with ours, and we use free & clear detergent and fabric softener.
  • Options
    I think the only reason you would have to wash them seperately is because of skin irritations?? At least thats what I always thought. I wash Abby's seperately just because I have to stain treat them.
  • Options
    I think it is fine if you use the same type of detergent.  We also use Dreft for Allie, and we use Surf for our clothes.  Also, I like having a basket of just her clothes to fold in her room instead of sorting out to different places and different people.
    Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

if you're using the same detergent, then no. I wash A's separately because it's easier for me to just wash all of her clothes together (I don't separate her laundry).  It's easier because then there is only one room to put them away in.

• Options
    I wash Aubrey's clothes separate...I use the All Free and Clear for hers and use Arm and Hammer on ours...but I like fabric softener on ours so that means I have to wash hers separate..plus it is easier since I wash all of hers together..it just means I have one basket with just her things in it. 
  • Options

I wash them all together w/ All Free and Clear.  I switched to it from Gain towards the end of my pregnancy (when it was time to wash DS's bed linens, clothes and such).  I knew the whole separate thing would get on my nerves eventually.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"