Alabama Babies
Options

Where do you put your LO's dirty laundry?

I'm thinking we need to get a laundry hamper for K's room. My DH is usually the one who dresses her in the morning and gets her in her pj's at night... and A lot of times he will take off her dirty clothes and drop them on the floor by the changing table. Then leaves them there.

Then it is up to me to go behind him and pick up the clothes, put them in the dirty clothes hamper in our bedroom. It's getting old.

Any of you have a separate laundry hamper for LO, or what else do you do?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

Re: Where do you put your LO's dirty laundry?

• Options
    we wash A's clothes separately and she has a Kidsline cloth hamper in her closet
  • Options
    I bought a hamper for M's room for this very reason.  DH does most of the baths and the dressing as well.  The hamper is next to the changing table for easy access.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS has a laundry hamper in his closet. Some of his dirty clothes do end up in our hamper if he changes in another part of the house though.
  • Options
    I will say it being in the closet may be too time intensive for my DH ;o) Lots of DS's clothes end up on the floor in his room anyway! I love my DH! Bless his heart!
  • Options
    We need to get a hamper too...but we don't have a place for it.  Our laundry room is downstairs, so her clothes usually pile up on the end of her changing table or banister to the stairs until we carry them down.  We do all of her laundry separate.
    Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have one in her closet. :o)
  • Options
    We have a seperate laundry basket for J's clothes in our room (where he is changed most often), or they get put in the laundry basket in the guest bathroom with his towels.  We wash his separately too.
  • Options

We used to keep a hamper in her closet and used to wash them separate.

Now we do a lot of her clothes changing down stairs in our room so I just throw it in with ours. If we do change her upstairs in her room I take them down right then. All of our clothes get washed together now that she is older.

Edit: DH is a stickler for having dirty clothes laying around so if we do accumulate a pile it doesn't sit for long.

DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Aidan has his own hamper.  It is at the end of his changing table.
  • Options
    We have a clothes hamper for the closet for now and will reevaluate exactly where it needs to go once PJ is here...
  • Options
    I bought a clothes hamper to put at the end of the changing table/dresser. Hopefully my DH will use it!
  • Options
    We have a dark wicker laundry basket in Payton's room between her changing table and the rocking chair where I toss her dirty clothes/burp clothes/blankets/sheets/etc and then I just empty it on laundry day.
  • Options
    Yep.. Robinson has his own laundry basket and we wash all of his clothes separately.
  • Options
    I have a laundry bin in Haley's room which is right beside Caleb's room.  I put his clothes in there with hers.  Their room's are downstairs though.  If we are upstairs and I take his clothes off (like bathtime since we bathe him in his playroom bathroom) I just take them to the laundry room and throw them in the basket there.  Neither are great solutions, but I don't want to have 4 different laundry bins scattered all over the house b/c it's takes to long to empty all of them when it's time to do laundry. 
  • Options
    We have a hamper in her room.  We got it from Babies R Us. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have a hamper in her room...her stuff is washed seperately from ours
  • Options

It goes down the chute!  =)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"