Baby Showers

"Welcome Baby Party"... When?

I'm planning on having a welcome baby party but I'm unsure of how soon... or late I should do so. I have a rough idea of when my c-section will be, and I am also planning on going back to my hometown on the east coast roughly about 4-6 weeks after DD is born so my family can meet her. I am only taking 12 weeks of my 17 week maternity leave at this time because I need surgery later in the year that I'm postponing so I can breastfeed. So I'm trying to figure out if it would be a better idea to have the party a few weeks before I got back home, or a few weeks after. HELP!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: "Welcome Baby Party"... When?

• Are you planning to do this in your hometown on the east coast?  If so, I'd just do it when you go there 4-6 weeks after baby since those people most likely will not be coming to see you at your home.  If you want to have one where you live now you might want to make it sooner...3 weeks maybe.  I only say this because the sooner you get the invites out the sooner people know there will be a definite time they will be able to see the baby.  Of course this won't stop everyone from coming to visit but it might help.

My DD plans to have thier Welcome Baby Party about 3 weeks after birth.  They normally have a spring/summer party anyway...so it will take the place of that since it will be casual.  She is due early May.  She is hoping it will stop some people visiting before then.

• Thank you! We are actually having two parties, a welcome baby party on the west coast and a christening party on the east coast. I think 3ish weeks is a good time frame :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm thinking of having mine when LO is 4 weeks.
    image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ours will be an open house, so all the guests that want to visit the new baby will show up on one day. That way I only have to have the house and myself presentable once. (haha). It will be either the first or second weekend we are home, depending on when we get released from the hospital.

We are doing it early to prevent all of the drop-ins, that come right after the baby is born to drop small gifts and food off.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Food Allergies to Eggs, Milk, Peanuts, Tree Nuts & Beef
    Challenged Soy and tolerated it.
  • imageTulipsAndChampagne:

Ours will be an open house, so all the guests that want to visit the new baby will show up on one day. That way I only have to have the house and myself presentable once. (haha). It will be either the first or second weekend we are home, depending on when we get released from the hospital.

We are doing it early to prevent all of the drop-ins, that come right after the baby is born to drop small gifts and food off.

I never thought of unexpected drop ins but that's a good point. I don't want random people showing up with little notice lol!
  • I don't know how I never thought of this; thank you for the great idea! I have been nervous over the idea of people just dropping by and the house being a mess and me in my nightgown with hair uncombed and teeth unbrushed!

Everybody offered good suggestions, btw!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"