Boston Babies
Options

cocoa butter lotion? or tummy butter?

My husband and i are expecting our first baby, and i've the best thing to help prevent stretch marks is to drink lots of water, and use cocoa butter, and my sister told me about the special lotions that are made for it... but im undecided on which one to use the Cocoa Butter Lotion or the Cocoa Butter "Tummy Butter" has anyone used these products and do you think they helped? and Which one would you refer to use?

thanks! 

Re: cocoa butter lotion? or tummy butter?

• Options
    I used everything under the sun, and nothing helped. My OB/GYN confirmed that nothing truly helps... it depends on your body whether or not you'll get stretch marks, and just how bad they'll be. However, the lotion/tummy butter smells good and can be relaxing! Smile
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ditto PP, nothing can prevent stretch marks other than your genes, and you can't change those! I was told by my OB that drinking plenty of water and using cocoa butter lotion can help reduce their appearance, but nothing will stop them from coming all together.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've also heard that nothing can help, it all depends on your genes.  BUT, I used Vitamin E cream with my first pregnancy 12 years ago, and not ONE stretch mark.  I've been using the same lotion this time around too.  I am in my 8th month and still NADA! Of course, it could just be my good luck.  Regardless, I'll swear by it.  It's the Vitamin E cream you get at the Body Shop.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"