Central Florida Babies

Hi from The Bump Editors!

Hey Central Florida-

A few of our editors will be on hand from 1-3 pm today to talk about TTC, pregnancy and parenting.  We're looking forward to chatting with you!

Don't forget to enter our giveaway below, courtesy of Giggles & Coos in DeLand, Florida.

-Anni

Re: Hi from The Bump Editors!

• Hi all -- 

I'm Bump Liz and currently pregnant with my 3rd boy (gulp!). I'm here to answer any questions you have and, to be honest, get some advice myself!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Have your boys ever shared a room, or do they have their own space?  I am torn on what to do with sleeping arrangements.

• I can't think of any questions right now, but I want to wish you luck!

We're expecting DC #1...it's a boy.  Should be an interesting experience!

• Hello! Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    http://i41.tinypic.com/111ov4j.jpg
    2007-Sept 2008: TTC the old fashioned way
    Sept 2008 - Jan 2009: Clomid 100mg
    Feb 2009: 200mg Clomid = BFP! on March 20, 2009 - It's a BOY!
    Nov 26th 2009: Aidan Michael, 20.5" 7lb12oz
    Feb 2010: Start TTC again, the old fashioned way
    Mar - June 2011: Clomid 100mg
    July 2011: Unmedicated cycle = BFP! on August 29th, 2011
    Nov 6th 2011: m/c due to subchorionic hematoma
    Dec 2011: Start TTC again, unmedicated
    February 12th, 2012: BFP! EDD 10/23/12
    Mar 12th 2012: diagnosed as blighted ovum
    Trying again..
  • imageBump Liz:

Hi all -- 

I'm Bump Liz and currently pregnant with my 3rd boy (gulp!). I'm here to answer any questions you have and, to be honest, get some advice myself!! 

Hey Bump Liz.... So tell me when you had your first baby, when did it sink in that you were going to have a baby and you were becoming a mom. I can't seem to get this whole experience is real and that I am going to be a mom soon.....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hey ladies!  Orlando here!
  • imagecocadoll:
    Have your boys ever shared a room, or do they have their own space?  I am torn on what to do with sleeping arrangements.

Good question!

• Hi, I'm Bump Kate. Just entered my third trimester with my second (another girl.) Definitely seems harder the second time around or maybe I've just gotten more lazy. :)
  • imageBump Kate:
    Hi, I'm Bump Kate. Just entered my third trimester with my second (another girl.) Definitely seems harder the second time around or maybe I've just gotten more lazy. :)

I was hoping it would be easier the second time around! We're hoping to have DC #2 in a couple of years or so...

• imageAnotherChance:

imageBump Kate:
    Hi, I'm Bump Kate. Just entered my third trimester with my second (another girl.) Definitely seems harder the second time around or maybe I've just gotten more lazy. :)

I was hoping it would be easier the second time around! We're hoping to have DC #2 in a couple of years or so...

Not easier.  The first time I could worry about me and only me and eating right and taking it easy when I needed.  Now I have to try and remember to eat because I am pregnant but I still have DS needs to worry about.  Not to mention how tired I am and can't just sleep when I want.  DS is heavy but not walking yet so I am always out of breath going up and down the stairs. (he knows how to do it on his own, but usually doesn't) And because now I am a SAHM, I still have the house and errands and meals to factor in.  It's definitely doable, just not easier.

• Hello Central Florida!

I'm Bump Shannon and I work out of our Los Angeles office.  I have a very serious 6yr old son Nathan, and a giggly 4yr old daughter Sophia.  I love getting together and sharing stories with moms and helping each other out with the million daily issues we are faced with.  I was a SAHM for 4 yrs before I went back to work (love my job!).  I've seen just about everything from colic to nursing issues so I hope I can help.

• Cocadoll-

We have seperate rooms for my son and daughter but I tell you, they really want to share a room.  They get such comfort out of falling asleep together.  Sophia has been begging me to move Nathan's bed into her room.  My good friend has 3 boys and at least 2 have shared their whole lives.  They love it.  My whole thing would be if they'd not get enough sleep or wake each other up.  But overall I think its a good experience until they are older and need their own space.

• DH & I are talking about TTC #2 in June. Seeing as you have more than one child, how hard/easy was it for your first child to adapt to not being the center of attention anymore and having to share it with another LO?
  • Sept1799:

I hope its okay if I jump into this question because I find it soooo meaningful.  I still remember being pg with my first and it feeling so weird and surreal.  There really is nothing that happened to make it real until it HAPPENED and I gave birth.  And now sometimes I want to put them back into the womb.  Haha. 

• AnotherChance and Bump Kate:

I think there are some things easier about the second time, and some harder.  Physically, you are just more drained because you don't get to come home from work and rest when you have to take care of your first little one.  So that takes it toll, more tiring.  But the easier part is knowing what to expect and not worrying so much, both because you have been through it before and because you just don't have the time on your hands to worry.

• bananasmommma:

Beautiful signature pic!!!

• imageBump Shannon:

Cocadoll-

We have seperate rooms for my son and daughter but I tell you, they really want to share a room.  They get such comfort out of falling asleep together.  Sophia has been begging me to move Nathan's bed into her room.  My good friend has 3 boys and at least 2 have shared their whole lives.  They love it.  My whole thing would be if they'd not get enough sleep or wake each other up.  But overall I think its a good experience until they are older and need their own space.

Shannon, that's too cute!

• AppleMomma:

How hard/easy was it for your first child to adapt to not being the center of attention anymore and having to share it with another LO?

--I was so worried about this....my son was a colicky, unsleeping, spirited kid and was in throes of torrential twos when my daughter came.  The truth is the first 2 months was absolutely so difficult.  They would both cry at the same time and I would just sit there paralyzed on the couch not knowing what to do.  But you just do it. And after taht 2mth mark, things got so much smoother.  There are still some competition going on for my attention but I think its healthy to have to share with another person and I make sure to spend quality alone time with each of them every day.  They don't remember not having each other and I'm so glad for that bond.

• I don't know that it ever really sinks in - I still wake up some mornings, look around and think, "who are these people???"!

Seriously, I can remember when I was pregnant with my first having an argument with my husband because he wanted us to go to some big party for St. Patrick's Day and I was telling him that it was too crowded & rowdy for me. I can still remember yelling "it's not fair, I became a parent the second I became pregnant and you don't become one until the baby comes!" and while I was just being hormonal, I think there is some truth to that. You, my friend, are already a mom -  you have been doing what you need to, to take care of your baby since the day you got a positive pregnancy test. The rest comes pretty naturally ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"