Florida Babies

Any Deltona residents out there?

I'm from Washington State and my husband and I plan to move to Deltona or any other towns near Deltona, although we do not know anyone from there and we'd like to know from a Florida resident, if it's safe enough to raise our two kids (ages 4 years and 4 months) in those areas.

If know of any other good towns to raise kids in, please help yourself to suggest a few to me. We don't like the city living. We like towns that are not too crowded or too busy. 

Re: Any Deltona residents out there?

• I live in Lutz, which in some parts can be kind of rural.  It's nice, quiet yet not too far from 'city life'.  We enjoy it and in the right area, we've heard there are good schools and lots to do.  We have an 8 month old daughter so we're considering Gymboree as a start.  GL!

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I was actually raised in Deltona. (My parents moved there when I was about 7 months old, and I stayed until I graduated from high school in 2005.) 

The town definitely changed a lot in those 18 years, but it's still one of the quieter cities in that area - still very safe to raise a young family.

BFP #1 - 01/10; Missed M/C @ 9 Weeks

BFP #2 - 08/10; Blighted Ovum @ 8 Weeks

BFP #3 - 06/11 - It's a GIRL! EDD March 8 Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Hi! I live in Orange City- right near Deltona. There are 4 main little towns in our area: Deltona, Orange City, DeBary and DeLand. All have a small town vibe. Deltona would be my last personal choice- but the other 3 are great! Not to say Deltona isn't good, the other 3 are just better, especially for family. We moved to this area for the small town feel, and we love it! 
  • Hi! I live in Orange City- right near Deltona. There are 4 main little towns in our area: Deltona, Orange City, DeBary and DeLand. All have a small town vibe. Deltona would be my last personal choice- but the other 3 are great! Not to say Deltona isn't good, the other 3 are just better, especially for family. We moved to this area for the small town feel, and we love it! 
    I lived in Deltona from 2000 to 2007 and while some areas are very quiet and safe, a lot of the other areas aren't.  You want to make sure where you're moving has good school ratings.  This is one of the reasons why we moved to Seminole County (county just south of Volusia).
    I have heard great things about DeBary.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"