Oregon Babies
Options

Possible shower locations?

I would like to have my shower in a neutral location so that no one (including me) is inconvenienced by having to host a party in their home. Any suggestions for good locations, particularly in the SE suburbs?
My home on the Web: Mom-amo Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Possible shower locations?

• Options

I don't have any fabulous suggestions, except that when I cant  find something central, I ask a friend to let me do it at the clubhouse of their (nice) apartment complex. Its inexpensive and they usually have a nice, bright space. I did this for DD's 1st birthday and for a friend's bridal shower. 

For my own baby shower I ended up having to have it at a nice restaurant, since no one had a good space to host it. It worked alright, but I much prefer the clubhouse set-up.

GL!

• Options

That was going to be my suggestion too. Most places will take a refundable deposit (barring you don't leave the place a disaster) and that's all it takes. You can even rent a conference room at a hotel. I know someone that works at the Springhill Suites by Winco if you're interested I could ask her how much it'd be.

Also, Munchkin Playland off of West Union would be a great place if your friends that are invited want to bring their kids. I know they do birthday parties but you could probably rent the place for the same price and the kids could play while you have your fun :)

How about a banquet room at someplace like...Home Town Buffet? or another buffet place. You could eat and talk and have 'privacy' and your guest would be fed. (And they would pay for their food - as opposed to you paying to rent a place)

Hope this helps!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just heard back from my friend who works at Marriott and she says the Springhill Suites doesn't have any conference rooms but there are other Marriott's that do and they can be rented for ~$150-200 for 4 hours.
  • Options
    I did my shower at Ernesto's Italian Restaurant (SW Portland/Raleigh Hills area) in one of the banquet rooms. It worked really well, and we just ordered a few pizzas and salad for everyone. Plenty of room for lots of people, gifts, etc. Smile
  • Options

Thanks for the suggestions. A pizza place or other restaurant will probably be the best bet for us--a hotel conference room would be nice, but cost is an issue.

Jen

My home on the Web: Mom-amo Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"