North Carolina Babies
Options

OMG

My 35 year old neighbor that has 2 sons just put up a photo of her in a bikini and cowboy hat on FB. It's from the summer and she put it up there now. She is the nicest person in the world, but she also washes her car in the said bikini and cowboy hat out in her driveway each week of the summer too. For some reason that just seems wrong to me.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: OMG

• Options
    You left out the most critical piece of information. Can she at least pull off a bikini and a cowboy hat?
    Catching up on sports news...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Do we have the same neighbor?  LOL!  The lady across the street washes her car several times a week in short shorts (usually with some saying across the back, like "Cheer") and a bikini top.  She also gardens/pulls weeds in the same attire, bending at the waist.  It's not awkward to be outside when she is...no...

Yeah, she can pull it off, but is it appropriate?  Hells no!  Haha!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemurph04:
    You left out the most critical piece of information. Can she at least pull off a bikini and a cowboy hat?

lol, exactly! My first thought was "you go girl!" I think as long as she doesn't dress like a hooch most of the time, I'd think it was pretty cool. 35 year old moms need to feel sexy somehow, lol!

ETA: not just 35 year old moms...all moms! Smile Though you will not ever see my pasty, chubby self in a bikini!

• Options
    Actually, yes, she does have an awesome body!!! So I give her credit for that, but it is a tiny bit uncomfortable when she is out there with the hose in her bikini washing the car!!! She is not afraid to flaunt it!! She only dresses like a hooch in the summer, she lives at the pool and in a bikini (and cowboy hat) ALL.SUMMER.LONG!!!! She will even just sit on her porch in it all day! She is trying to get pregnant again so maybe this summer will be different!!
  • Options
    Ha!  I guess, 'if you've got it, flaunt it,' is her feelings on the matter.  You won't catch me outside or at the pool in a bikini this summer (unless they start making magic ones with built in spanx or something).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'd like it if my neighbor did that!  It'd give me the extra motivation I need!  I'm not for dressing hoochie, but if she's got a rockin' body with 2 kids at 35, I say go for it, lady!

• Options
    I think that if she's still got the body for it then she should totally go for it.  I hope after I have kids I'll have the body and the confidence to rock a bikini!
  • Options

I say good for her for being able to rock a bikini after two kids!

But I understand what you mean about it being uncomfortable at times. There is a teenage girl down the street from us who mows the lawn in front of her house during the spring and summer wearing barely there shorts and tops that would make photo editors at Maxim blush. I think she's trying to get the teenage boys across the street to notice her. Mission accomplished.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagemurph04:

I say good for her for being able to rock a bikini after two kids!

But I understand what you mean about it being uncomfortable at times. There is a teenage girl down the street from us who mows the lawn in front of her house during the spring and summer wearing barely there shorts and tops that would make photo editors at Maxim blush. I think she's trying to get the teenage boys across the street to notice her. Mission accomplished.

HA HA!! Yes, it is a little odd, because she will come over and have full conversation with me and DH while in her bikini, all wet from doing whatever in the yard. I am sure all the men (and teenage boys) on the street love it. She is an awesome person though, I just find it odd/uncomfortable sometimes!!

• Options
    Well, I hate this woman.  Don't get me wrong, it's awesome that she's got that kind of body after two kids, I'm just jealous I'm not back there yet Stick out tongue!  But I do see the uncomfortable side of things too! 
  • Options

Being almost 35, I get it and honestly, once I get my pre-pg body back (and maybe lose a few more lbs), I would totally wear a bikini top and shorts to wash my car in the summer.  It's so hard with kids to get time to get tan; it's the perfect way to get something done while getting a tan.  I'd do the same thing while mowing the lawn too.  This of course assumes I would have a body to pull it off.  I'd much rather see a 35 yr. old woman with a great body washing her car than a 35 yr. old man with a beer belly, shirtless, flipping burgers on the grill.

I say all the power to her.  It would be nice to be 35, have two kids and still feel sexy.  35 isn't that old!!!

But no, I wouldn't put a photo of myself in a bikini on FB that was a blatant AW.  If it was a photo with friends at the beach or something, then I might.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageraceyrae:

Being almost 35, I get it and honestly, once I get my pre-pg body back (and maybe lose a few more lbs), I would totally wear a bikini top and shorts to wash my car in the summer.  It's so hard with kids to get time to get tan; it's the perfect way to get something done while getting a tan.  I'd do the same thing while mowing the lawn too.  This of course assumes I would have a body to pull it off.  I'd much rather see a 35 yr. old woman with a great body washing her car than a 35 yr. old man with a beer belly, shirtless, flipping burgers on the grill.

I say all the power to her.  It would be nice to be 35, have two kids and still feel sexy.  35 isn't that old!!!

But no, I wouldn't put a photo of myself in a bikini on FB that was a blatant AW.  If it was a photo with friends at the beach or something, then I might.

Ditto.  I don't have time to sit and get a tan, so I garden in my bikini top and shorts and I wash my car the same way.  I know I get some funny looks from my neighbors sometimes...but I want to get some sun and that's usually the only time I can.  

• Options
    imageraceyrae:

I'd much rather see a 35 yr. old woman with a great body washing her car than a 35 yr. old man with a beer belly, shirtless, flipping burgers on the grill.

Excellent point. 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"