Secondary IF

WWYD? Traveling to u/s in bad weather?

Tomorrow I will be about 7 weeks and I have my u/s scheduled.  They tell me they'll be able to see a heartbeat if all looks good. I have been on pins and needles and have been a nervous wreck all week looking forward to this appt.  Where I live we are supposed to get snow and it is supposed to be bad today into tomorrow (they closed my job and Stephy's daycare already for today).  I really do not want to go on another day (yes it's my stubborn stance and impatience talking, I want to see that heartbeat dammit!)...I am already getting lectures on how I should not drive in the snow if it is bad, and blah blah blah.  The place is only 10 minutes from my house but with crappy weather and unplowed roads it will take much longer.  Should I just suck it up and reschedule? WWYD?
Gabrielle & Ed - Married 10.22.05
Mommy to Stephanie Lena - 2.13.07 and Evan Ralph - 9.23.10
Angel Baby (m/c at 9 weeks) - 1.2.09

Christmas Card Picture - 2011
(aka: the only picture I could get of them together that was not blurry and had them both sitting still!)

Click here for My Bio

The Stephanie Song...click here to listen!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: WWYD? Traveling to u/s in bad weather?

• Can you call to see if you can get in today? You should see it by today!

If not I am a bad influence, and I would go!...

• The roads might not be too bad tomorrow morning. 10 minutes, I'd probably go. My RE is an hour away, if that were the case I wouldn't go. Good luck, let us know what you decide!
  • Loading the player...
  • I grew up in NJ... they plow the roads fairly quickly there.  Unlike the south where we wait for it to melt!  LOL

I'd see how the roads are tomorrow and make your decision then. 

PS- I'd be super impatient too!  LOL

• imagefirsttogo:

Can you call to see if you can get in today? You should see it by today!

If not I am a bad influence, and I would go!...

My nurse did offer me that option but they prefer that children not come to the appts and I am home all day with my 3 year old!  They do plow but the back roads in my neighborhood are horrendous and are never plowed.  LOL at the bad influence....I am probably going to go and just hope I get there and home safe (and get good news!) 

Gabrielle & Ed - Married 10.22.05
    Mommy to Stephanie Lena - 2.13.07 and Evan Ralph - 9.23.10
    Angel Baby (m/c at 9 weeks) - 1.2.09

Christmas Card Picture - 2011
    (aka: the only picture I could get of them together that was not blurry and had them both sitting still!)

Click here for My Bio

The Stephanie Song...click here to listen!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • GL - keep us posted!
  • I would see if i could push it up.  Otherwise, if it wasn't crazy out, and the office was still open, i would probably go.

But you totally don't need to go, so don't force yourself.

• I would 1st call and ensure that the office is open tomorrow morning, then I would possibly go unless it was just too treacherous. 

I do understand you are excited and antsy, I would be too, but please remember you can always reschedule if you need to. The number 1 thing of importance is your health and safety.

I was this close (like really really close) to getting into a major accident when i was about 7-8 weeks pregnant with my DD. Would have been pretty serious. (I was on the freeway and someone just in front in the next lane had, no joke, kitchen cupboards fly off his trailer and almost hit me... I reemed him out good) I was scared to get in a car for awhile after.

Anyway my point is to be safe, don't go if it's really bad. You don't want to put yourself and that little bean at risk for something that could be rescheduled if need be. Good luck!

Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"