Oregon Babies
Options

Kirkland Signature Formula

Does anyone use it?

Right now we're using Similac and it works well, we haven't had any issues.. But I'm wondering if the Costco brand is as good or good enough?  Looking at the comparison chart on the Costco website makes it look almost better in some aspects.. But I hate the idea of using something that's not good enough for her or switching and having it upset her stomach even though the Similac is not upsetting it.

Any ideas or suggestions? :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Kirkland Signature Formula

• Options
    We used breast milk/preemie formula at first, but when he was ready to go off of it we switched to Kirkland.  I asked his pedi and he said it was great.  He never had any issues on the Kirkland and we'll definitely be using it again with Baby #2!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD only had formula for 3 months and she has never had any issues with any food but the Kirkland stuff worked great for her. I certainly loved the price compared to other products.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My guy was on formula about 5 months and we used Kirkland after we used 2 containers of Similac.  He didn't have any issues with it at all!

Our pediatrician actually told us that there isn't much difference in formula if it's the "regular" kind.  It's when you get to soy or allergies, etc that they are different.  I didn't look into it too much after that - but just wanted to throw that out there as well!

• Options
    We used enfamil the first few months, she is allergic to similac, and we have been using Kirkland ever since, and have had no problems at all! It's $20 for 2 big cans, so it's cheap to try it!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I use it. Love the price and it's not any different!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!! I guess I just needed reassurance that I wasn't being cheap... hubby will totally accuse me of being cheap when I go to buy it ;)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our Lactation Consultant told me that the Kirkland brand formula is actually made by Enfamil... they just slap their label on it.  We use it and have had NO problems with it.  August is gassy, but he is pretty much gassy no matter what.  And yah, you CAN'T beat the price!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

imageAngelcake:
    Our Lactation Consultant told me that the Kirkland brand formula is actually made by Enfamil... they just slap their label on it.  We use it and have had NO problems with it.  August is gassy, but he is pretty much gassy no matter what.  And yah, you CAN'T beat the price!

I'd heard that as well, but I don't think it is, DS was on Enfamil before we switched to Kirkland and it has a different color, texture, and smell.  But I actually ended up liking the Kirkland better than the Enfamil.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We tried it with DS but it was really foamy and that bothered me. I usually ended up buying Similac and would get great coupons whenever I purchased a baby type item at Fred Meyer or Safeway like buy one can get one free and then I'd use the checks on top of that and get it for a great price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"