Special Needs

Re: Autism signs appear in babies' first year

• I am in healthcare and just attended a lecture by Geraldine Dawson, who is the Chief Science Officer for Autism Speaks and she was presenting info from this article. Very interesting!
    image Aiden Jude is on his way! Pregnancy Ticker
  • JM showed signs before a year. He could not self calm at all...
  • Loading the player...
  • Gabe's signs were much different

1) LOVED movement and noise...the swing, the baby carrier...I would often put him in the bouncer on the floor and run the vacuum cleaner. He would fall asleep

2) He would get several shots at once and not cry

imageimage
    You will forever be my best friend. I can almost feel our hugs. I will ensure everyone will know (now and in the future) what a genuine, kind, loving person you were...I already miss your laughter and our daily conversations. I love you, Samantha. May 20, 1983- February 20, 2012
  • With DS I knew something was off since the day he was born. I could tell something was really wrong (and brought it up with the pedi) at his 6 mo checkup. Went down the wrong path from there (thought he was blind and/or deaf). I begged for a dev pedi appointment at 12 months and we were diagnosed at 14 months.

On a separate note, I just sold most of the baby stuff. I am done making babies, and this decision just makes me cry.

Vent over. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"