Oregon Babies

Question for Portland bumpies about nanny rates

Hello Oregon bumpies, I'm a regular on the local NorCal bump board but I have a question for you all.  My DCP's daughter is currently an Au Pair overseas but would like to move to Portland to be near her boyfriend.  She is wondering what a reasonable rate for a live out, young but experienced nanny is.  I was hoping you all would have a better idea than I, and any advice for her would also be appreciated.  

TIA! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question for Portland bumpies about nanny rates

• It depends whether it is full time or not, how many kids, etc. But, the going rate for a full time nanny can be an average of $800 to $1200 a month depending on the family. If she could get lucky and nanny for someone with money she might be able to get as much as $1500, but that's pretty rare. (I am a nanny right now, part time). Has she been schooled in it? Or is it just experience from past jobs? The NW Nanny Institute here in Portland helps place you once you complete their courses, and they usually put you with high income families, but if it is just experience from past jobs, $1200 is probably the max she will find. Craigslist is a great place to look to get an idea of what people are asking for too. There are lots of families searching for nannies on craigslist! Hope this helps!!
  • I sent you a private message.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"