Postpartum Depression
Options

I'm meeting with Doc tomorrow

She wanted to me and chit chat about PPD. What should I expect? What type of meds help with this? I mean DD is 9 months old, could this still be PPD? :-/
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I'm meeting with Doc tomorrow

• Options

I don't have PPD but I do have prenatal depression so I have been researching both. I have talked to my ob and now see a therapist and psychiatrist. My psychiatrist put me on 50mg of Zoloft and she said this is the medicine with the best results. She said it is the safest for the baby while pregnant and while breastfeeding.

When I first talked to my ob she asked a lot of questions about how I was feeling, my mood, my actions, other stress in my life. It was pretty much just talking. The psychiatrist was the same thing. I will be watched for PPD too and they told me that PPD can hit anytime between birth and 1 yr and will most likely have to be on the meds all of that time.

These sites have a lot of info. Sorry I cant make them clicky. 

https://www.postpartumstress.com/pages/self_help.html

https://www.postpartum.net/

Good Luck and Take Care of Yourself! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    "There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."
  • Options
    PPD can hit anytime within the first year if you aren't BFing, or anytime for a year after you stop BFing.  That was a shocker to me.  I was just diagnosed on Friday.  Your Dr will ask you a lot about how you are feeling, your thoughts and actions, about how you are taking care of yourself, etc.  I went seeking help and brought up most of these things, so she wasn't asking too many questions.  I am on Zoloft and Deplin (basically folic acid), and a B-complex vitamin.  It's too early to tell if the meds are helping, but I definitely feel better now that I've gotten some help.  I don't feel so alone.  GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wasn't diagnosed until DC was 10 mos. The feelings were there, I just hadn't sought out help yet (or realized what it was). But I think it can appear anytime in the first year.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"