Success after IF

Seriously first tri?

They are yatching on a lady who has a 2-3 month old who is pg again (not me)

WTF cares? Worry about yourself. If you think it is too soon, don't have sex, or put a helmet on that soldier. To each their own, and I even would go so far as to say I would have been jealous if I were not in a similar sit. 

Re: Seriously first tri?

• I said it there, but I love you.

They all have their panties in a wad today it seems.

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imagefirsttogo:

, or put a helmet on that soldier.

HILARIOUS!

• Loading the player...
  • Hey, I would have loved a BFP. Woulda been a nice freebie.
  • People love to make all sorts of judgments and assumptions, particularly where parenting is concerned. If that is what that woman wanted, good for her :)
  • imageSkypekWithoutAC:
    Hey, I would have loved a BFP. Woulda been a nice freebie.

For reals. 

I admit though - whenever I see a BFP post on 0-3 I mentally do the math to find out if the person did the deed before 6 weeks.  While some (a veeerrrry few) actually seek medical clearance to have sex before the 6 week mark, most don't and generally speaking it is contra-indicated to do so.  So yep, particularly if I don't know the person, I judge a little.  I don't know if I would call someone out, but in my mind I give a side eye.

Is some of that due to jealousy?  HELLZ ya!  Is some of that just due to a general sense of "did you seriously not think of the consequences?" Yep, that too.

Firsttogo - your case is unique in the sense that I am sure you did not think that you would have a surprise BFP given prior fertility issues.  But for someone who has achieved pregnancy, having unprotected sex can reasonably be expected to lead to pregnancy.  So the "oh my! 2 under 1, how can this BE?" reaction rings hollow to me.  That said, I actually really like MrsMosely and I wish her well. She never claimed to be surprised or confused, unlike some other posters on 0-3 that I've seen in the past.

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • I am more frustrated by the responses/comments made by a fellow IFer. I TRY to support all of my comrades in battle, but this one is making it difficult. The negativity, and preconceived notions are too much.
  • first tri is all sorts of fired up right now!!  crikey!  who the eff cares how soon someone else gets pregnant?!  Its that person's body. 
  • imagefirsttogo:
    I am more frustrated by the responses/comments made by a fellow IFer. I TRY to support all of my comrades in battle, but this one is making it difficult. The negativity, and preconceived notions are too much.

FWIW she's getting pretty berated with cruel comments - like "you're just jealous because you'll never get pregnant again." Talk about negativity and preconceived notions. Yikes.

ETA  - the other one was (essentially) "since you're infertile and pregnant you should just be grateful and happy and never say a snarky or negative word again." 

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"