North Carolina Babies

XP: Bottle before bed ?

We are breaking the bottle and formula.  She used to have 6 4oz bottles a day.  Now she is down to 1-2 bottles in the morning and 1 before bed.  I have 1 more can of formula... I want formula to be done at 1 year old.  So should I continue to give her a nighttime bottle with milk?  Any suggestions?  (She uses the straw sippy... so that won't really work before bed, bc she is laying down in my arms)   
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: Bottle before bed ?

• I wouldn't start putting milk in a bottle if you are trying to wean off a bottle, and haven't given her milk in a bottle before. Your pedi will probably tell you milk before bed is a no no because of sugar on the teeth (mine did). He told me to only offer water before bed. I would just keep with the formula until she can be totally weaned and only have the milk at dinner.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • At this age and now I gave the straw sippie with dinner and let him have it during playtime bf bed. So it cut out the bedtime bottle all together. If he didnt drink it that was it.

Not sure if that was what you were hoping for but it worked out. GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • If you can get rid of the bottle and the formula at the same time, you would be in very good shape.  I switched my DD to milk in a bottle at 1 she then continued to want that bottle until she was almost 2.  I wish I had just switch to sippy cup and milk at the same time.  I think it would have been easier for her and me, but oh well no harm done, it was just a struggle to get rid of bottle.  Good Luck!!

• Nope, I wouldn't.  I would not, would not, put milk in the bottle.  You would be defeating the purpose of what you're trying to do.  Drop the bedtime bottle all together.  Eli got a sippy of milk after dinner and that was it. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"