Ohio Babies
Options

Did anyone deliver at Riverside?

edited July 2021 in Ohio Babies
Hey I was just wondering if anyone delivered at Riverside?  That is where I will deliver and just curious about anyone's experience.  This my first time, so I am a little nervous!!!, but very excited.  I just like having an idea of what to expect!  Does anyone know if they work with you on different birth plans?  I keep reading stuff about water births, or standing up for the delivery.  Just curious if anyone else has done this?

Re: Did anyone deliver at Riverside?

• Options
    I've heard that they just remodeled all of the birthing suites. You can sign up for a free tour through their website. I'll be delivering at Riverside since that's the only hospital my doctor delivers at.
  • Options

I delivered at Riverside and loved it. (I didn't really have a choice since that is where my doctor would go, but still loved it).  It was surprisingly great because we had my some early and he was taken to the NICU at Riverside (it's in team with Children's Hospital).    It was nice to be able to be in the same hospital as him and know he was getting the best care possible.  (From what I've heard at hospitals that do not have a NICU, you would stay there and recover and your child would be sent to Children's.)

If you have any questions about the hospital or experience, feel free to PM me.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I delivered there and had a good experience. The only reason I don't say "great" is because I happened to deliver on day three of record breaking numbers of deliveries... so the epidural wore off early in my 3 hours of pushing and I had a "natural" delivery with a vacuum in the end (horrifying). Then we got stuck in a left-over room (nowhere for my husband to sleep... or sit for that matter). They ended up rolling in a chair for him to sit/sleep in. 

Even with all the "stuff" that didn't go right... our labor and delivery nurse, Mary, was amazing. Truly amazing. And I felt that my baby was in good care the whole time we were there.

If I can be convinced to deliver a second baby someday... I will likely go there again.  

• Options

My sister gave birth at Riverside. She had a few issues and complained about the rudeness of the nurses (one told her, during a particularly bad contraction, that she - the nurse - had had 4 kids and it was not that bad so to stop whining), but that doesn't mean it would be the same for everyone.

I'm delivering at St. Ann's. I haven't had the best experiences with Riverside myself either.

Sara

Sara - 30 DH - 32 Gracie - June 18, 2010 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options

We discussed this at my last appt.  We will be using Riverside also.  My doctor delivers at Riverside, OSU, and USED TO deliver at St. Ann's.  Apparently the group who owns St. Anns is making some demands of the doctors that the doctors are not happy about--telling them how to practice in a way--and so they will no longer deliver babies there until it changes. 

My doc. had a couple children at OSU and he still recommends Riverside. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I delivered at Riverside and loved it. I had an awesome experience. They have a great Women's Center where they have classes, you can rent breast pump machines, etc. I totally recommend them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"