Baby Showers
Options

Diaper Party Baby Shower

I am having my second child and I'm on the fence about having a baby shower. My mother and sister want to throw me a shower. However, I don't want to offend anyone by having them think they need to buy us a gift. Actually, we do have most things we will need other than some basics. ?

Has anyone had a "diaper party" in place of a traditional shower? I was thinking this could be a fun idea for everyone to get together, without the pressure of having to buy a gift. Any ideas on invitations/wording, registering for diapers, co-ed or not, etc??

Re: Diaper Party Baby Shower

• Options

I think diaper showers are a great idea.  I wouldn't register for them though, people are just going to kind of buy them where ever, costco, sams, grocery store, wal-mart.

Depending on the time of year, I think a Diaper BBQ would be fun.  Invite everyone, both gender's, children, just something really causal and fun. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Diapers are a gift.  If you want people to get together, then just leave out the shower part and have a party.  If people want to bring gifts then, they will.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm in the camp that all babies should be celebrated!

We just threw a "baby essentials" dinner for my cousin who is expecting her 2nd.  It was a dinner on a Wednesday evening (no games or anything) and about 15 people.  She registered for a few essential things at Target (she's having a boy, had a girl previously) and we showered her with things for this child.  Diapers, Wipes, Pacifiers, etc -- no big ticket items.  

Since it was smaller an e-vite was sent out, it was female only, and like I mentioned about she registered for a few things.  

• Options

Diaper parties are generally held for dad's, but can work for mom's, too.

What is typically held for a second child (easpecially if they are the same gender and/or close in age) is a "sprinkle".  People will generally come, celebrate and buy a gift valued around $20 (typically clothes and necessities), registering isn't necessary and games aren't really played.

I have heard some cute ideas:

Book party (people bring a book)

Wishing well (people just bring a necessity like diapers, wipes, shampoo, etc.)

Clothing party (bring an article of clothing, best for second child, different gender)

Charity (bring an item to donate to a local charity)

• Options

I am doing a sprinkle for my best friend.  She had a little girl two years ago and now she is having a boy.  It's going to be on a much smaller scale than her first shower.  She has a new job and they told her she just had to have a shower.  Here is the wording I am using for the invite:

Little babies are so much fun and NAME is having another one!  We're having a baby sprinkle because we want to show her new baby some love.  No need to buy all the big stuff this time Cause big sister NAME is always kind.  She's going to share with the bundle of joy.  So just bring the small stuff for the new baby boy. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"