Houston Babies

Dizzy Spells

At the beginning of this pregnancy, I had a couple of dizzy spells.  Had to sit fairly quickly and stay seated.  Once I had to go lay down it was so bad.  Talk to the Dr. early on - it was just something that was part of being PG.  Lately they have gotten worse and more frequent.  They dont specifically relate to anything I do, eat or drink.  Once I was at a rodeo meeting and in the middle of a sentence, I had to go sit.  I feel them coming on and everything.  Anyone else have this issue?  I really really hate this feeling.  And I am afraid I am going to be somewhere and not be able to sit fast enough (my dad says to just sit on the floor, it would be better than falling to the floor!) and wake up in the emergency room or something.  Is there something I can do to help them? (I see the dr tomorrow and this is on my list of things to discuss)

Re: Dizzy Spells

• Yes, sit on the floor if you feel one coming on! Seriously. I didn't do that, and I ended up busting my head on a door when I passed out in the OB's office. Landed on my big pregnant belly, freaked everyone out, had to get stitches, do a NST at the hospital, etc. All was fine (it was because of the GD test, although I also passed out during a massage around 16 weeks). If I had just sat my butt on the floor and called for help, it would have been much less scary and dramatic.

I hear that the dizziness thing is rather common in pregnancy, but that doesn't make it any less scary. Hopefully your doctor can give you some insight and maybe run some tests to be sure it's not attributable to something like blood pressure.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It is pretty common.  I'm assuming your doctor has checked for anemia, which can cause it, or also thyroid issues.

That must be very scary, especially with it coming on suddenly with no particular reason.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"