Postpartum Depression
Options

Hello... just found this board.

So I have been having a terrible time getting over this PPD.  I have more anxiety than PPD so the meds that they have given me haven't really worked.  Have any of had this same thing with the anxiety along with PPD?  What did you do to get through it?  Any meds that you can suggest?  I am at the point where everything just makes me want to cry...everything.
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Hello... just found this board.

• Options

Hi - your lo is ADORABLE!!

My PPD was anxiety based - I was on Lexapro and it worked wonders for me. I also saw a therapist for a while which I think really helped. 

Some days are tougher than others, but it gets better!

• Options
    imageGina418:

My PPD was anxiety based - I was on Lexapro and it worked wonders for me. I also saw a therapist for a while which I think really helped. 

this exactly.

DD 4yo DS 1yo
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageGina418:

I have been thinking of making a therapist appt. but what do you even talk to them about? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    imageAngelcake:
    imageGina418:

I have been thinking of making a therapist appt. but what do you even talk to them about? 

My anxiety has always been more of a problem than the depression. My therapist has helped me be able to talk through the things that make me anxious. She also has given me suggestions on how to work through the anxiety, one step at a time. She leads the conversation so I never have to worry about what to say.  

DD 12/1/2009
    TTC#2 Since May 2012
    Dx PCOS February 2013 on Metformin 1500 mg
    Met with RE October 2013, we've got a plan!
    Surprise BFP on "break cycle" 10/12/13. EDD 6/17/14.
    MMC discovered 11/25/13 at 10 weeks. D&C 11/27/13.
    BFP 2/8/14 Beta#1: 176, Prog 18! Beta#2:335, Prog, 19.5!
    EDD 10/16/2014

• Options
    imageAngelcake:
    imageGina418:

Anything and everything! We talked about specific things that were bothering me at the time, the bigger picture, etc. Honestly, just spilling my guts was cathartic! S/he will lead you down the right path.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"