Health & Exercise

Working out after a C Sect

My son will be 5 months old at the end of the month and I just began to work out again (in my home gym).  I was an avid gym goer (cardio/weights) until my 8th month of pregnancy and then I stuck to my treadmill at home only (walking).  The doctor said that I'd be back to full recovery after 6 weeks but I'm still cautious with specific exercise moves.  I've been avoiding targeted abdominal exercises.  I know it's important to work the core and strengthen the muscles but I feel a "tingly" sensation around my incision for a few days following my workouts.  I was told that it's nothing to fret about... it's only because my muscles are more sensitive here and I haven't worked out in a long time.  Anyone receive any good advice about working out after a c sect?  What kind of exercise regimen did/do you follow?

Re: Working out after a C Sect

• The area around my incision felt weird/tingly for months (probably close to a year).

I started working out 6 weeks postpartum, though.  I did work my way up to doing my full abdominal exercises though since it felt weird.

imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • I didn't feel the tingly feeling but I've heard about it. I don't think it's anything to worry about. The only thing I'm not doing yet is running, but that's not because of the c-section. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I started working out again at 6 weeks pp, including crunches/ab workouts and havent had any problems. Just take it slow.
    My Blog
    DD #1 {04-19-2004}
    Secondary IF: Severe MFI (low testosterone, low count, low morph, & very low motility) & Annovulation
    After 22 months IUI # 3 Clomid + Follistim = BFP
    DD #2 {12-31-2009}
    2 more years of failed IF treatments and a failed adoption TTC #3
    TTC Journey Over~ Not By Choice
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"