Birth Stories
Options

Hypnobirthing?

Has anyone here had an experience birthing their baby with hypno techniques?

I am hoping for a VBAC in June, and am preparing myself to the fullest.  A friend of mine told me about the "Hypnobabies" series and it seems very promising.

Just wondering if there are any mommies on here that have used that or something similar and what your experiences were.

Thanks!

Re: Hypnobirthing?

• Options

I have not personally, but my best friend did this for her first baby (he was born in May 2009).  She said it was wonderful and was doing really great until they discovered that the cord was wrapped around her DS's neck; so, she ended up having to have an emergency c-section.

However, she said that it was working great for her pain management and keeping her mind focused and clear.  She said that if it had not been an emergency, she would have kept going with the hypnobirthing tapes and she was sure she would have been just fine! 

She also wants to try for a VBAC with their next LO (whenever that may be), and she's determined to do her hypnobirthing again, that's how much she was liking it!

• Options
    I took a hypnobirthing class and used the techniques for the birth of my DD. I plan on using them again this time. It helped prepare me tremendously for L&D. I delivered at a stand alone birthing center and didn't have a choice of using meds (nor did I want to). I contribute my wonderful birthing experience to having a wonderful midwife, a spectacular support system, and being able to rely on the things I learned with hypnobirthing. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My best friend is using these cd's for her upcoming birth. She was due 1/30, and hopes to go this weekend.  She already swears by it as she has used the techniques to take away pregnancy back pain and stressful situations.  I will post to let you know how it goes.  I am not relating labor to back pain, but she says that it puts her in a really good place and she feels empowered to use it for her birth.  HTH!

I think I will use it when I have #2, which will be a VBAC.

• Options

Hi again.  So, my friend delivered her baby girl 2 weeks ago with Hypnobabies.  She used the cd's almost the entire labor.  She was stuck at 7cm, and they gave her pitocin.  She had a midwife, but delivered in the hospital.  After the pit kicked in, she was progressing, but not fast enough for the hospital staff.  The staff wanted to send her to the OR for a c/s.  Her midwife was keeping the hosptial staff at bay... but could only do this for so long.  In a nutshell, she did deliver vaginally and had a healthy 8lb 3oz baby.  But, unfortunately, during push time, her epi wore off and the hypnobabies went out the window, as she was trying to deliver this baby as quickly as possible not to have a c/s. 

I will use the hypnobabies and she will def again for her 2nd.  She loved it, and had a wonderful experience.  Just be prepared that sometimes things get hairy at the end, and the calm experience can change at any moment.  HTH!!!  Also, she told me of a site, spinningbabies.com  This site basically helps you move the baby to proper positioning for birth before you go into labor!  I will use this too for #2.  Good luck to you!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"