Multiples

Twins feeling

Did anyone just have a "feeling" they were pregnant with twins before their u/s? We have a high chance of twins and I just have a feeling in the back of my mind that this will be two.

Re: Twins feeling

• I did but we had 4 eggs at our IUI so I was hoping for no more than twins.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We knew it was a possibility, but no exaggereated symptoms or anything. An u/s is the only way to know for sure. Keep us updated!
    Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • nope, not a clue. why do you have a high chance of twins?
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • No.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • no feelings at all, it was a complete shock. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Never even crossed my mind! An older friend of mine joked about it and I blew her off and said yeah right- I would die!

Then another friend said I think you're having twins- her friend had just had twins and also had no family history and again I was like- no way! 

;) Here we are!

• The night before my BFP I had a dream where I met my boys.  When I told DH about the dream he said he had the same one.  When I told my mom about the dream she said she had the same one.  We all met my boys the night before I found out I was pregnant.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • More than anything I was shocked when the u/s tech said, "Did you know that you're having twins?"  However, my maternal grandmother had fraternal twins as well, and I knew that increased my odds, so I had thought a little bit about the possiblity. Still, I was shocked!  My mom, however, had a very strong feeling that I was pregnant with twins. 
  • It was a huge shock for us. We weren't trying and I was on BC so this whole pregnancy actually was ;)

I never thought of having twins or pictured myself with twins, no twins in family so no, I didn't have a feeling that there are two in there Big Smile

• nope total shock! In fact I still find it hard to believe some times.  my dh joked once when I was really early and really sick that that the book said that really bad ms could be a sign of twins...I laughed it off.  Then when the us tech told us he laughed and said "see I told ya!"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No. I was completely shock when the ultrasound tech said there were two babies. We had joked about it before hand, but never actually thought it would happen.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I knew something was up.  In fact, I asked the doctor to please check again.  I had a repeat/second sono, and sure enough, he saw 2!!

I have had other pregnancies/miscarriages...but this one felt different.  I got huge right away.  And I have really strong morning sicknessIck!Ick!Ick!

TTC for 12 years. m/c 2009. BFP on New Year's 2010. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I thought it was twins, but we had a very good IVF cycle.  We had a high # of eggs fertilize, many of those made it do a day 5 transfer (better odds than 3 day which is commonly done) and then when I took my first home pg test 13 DPO it was SUPER dark.  The next day I had my blood test and my hcg was very high, so the nurse told me it was *possible* (not definite) that it was twins.  I wasn't surprised at all to see 2 sacs.
  • Yea there are several sets of fraternal on my mother's side. She's an identical (well she looks like her twin but it was in the day of no u/s and my grandma didn't even know she was having twins). My husband is an identical and so is his father. I know that has nothing to do with us having twins. I just have a feeling... my MIL does and two of my good friends have mentioned it. We shall see!
  • We didn't have that 'feeling' but my HCG and progesterone levels were pretty high so I guess the thought crossed my mind (prior to u/s). It was confirmed at our first u/s 5w6d.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I had a feeling.  The week before our first us at 7w 4d, I said to DH I have a feeling there is more than one in here.  Said the same thing to my mom so we weren't too surprised when we saw two on the us.
  • I did!  I sometimes think it sounds messed up, but I honestly "knew"... I was joking about it with DH before the ultrasound, just to kind of prepare him!  I never told anyone, until the tech started scanning and broke the news - I looked at her and said "oh my god... I was right"  :)
  • the only reason i had a feel was b/c we had 2 mature follies the day we did our IUI.
  • I had a feeling b/c I was SO sick so fast.  We did injectibles + IUI
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"