Phoenix Babies
Options

Anyone Due in August?

Alright so to me it seems like this board drags, so I thought I'd see if anyone was due in August? I'm Due August 6th which happens to be my little brother's birthday, kind of funny to me. Anyways this is my first and I'm hoping for a girl and right now I really really think it's a girl. My SO wants a boy and says it's a boy. Chinese gender calendar predicts me a girl so we'll see.

So if you're due in August how in the world are we going to cope in this heat?! And if you've had your baby in August how did you cope in the heat!? We're hoping to rent a home because our lease is up the end of June and we live in an apartment...on the 3rd floor which will not be Kosher with me when I'm huge! Especially since the room we picked as our bedroom is the coldest in the winter and the hottest in the summer, no matter how low you set the a/c to. 

How is everyone else doing?!

Re: Anyone Due in August?

• Options

Hi! I'm due August 7th so only a day behind you! I've lived here my entire life and feel like I can deal with the summer fairly well, but I'm already nervous about dealing with the heat.  I've been going onto Old Navy's website and buying some tank tops and shorts and other things that will help but its going to be pretty killer!

I plan on being in the swimming pool as much as possible.

• Options
    imageBITO:

Hi! I'm due August 7th so only a day behind you! I've lived here my entire life and feel like I can deal with the summer fairly well, but I'm already nervous about dealing with the heat.  I've been going onto Old Navy's website and buying some tank tops and shorts and other things that will help but its going to be pretty killer!

I plan on being in the swimming pool as much as possible.

Yea I thought thought at a certain point in pregnancy you're not supposed to go into the pool I could be wrong, I never actually heard my dr tell me. But perhaps I'll ask when I'm there on the 26th.

I've lived in AZ for a majority of my life, and I love it, I can deal with the heat but being heavier then I normally am and having to climb those stairs outside my apartment does not sound fun to me. Have you gone to the Dr. Yet? What about AZ do you live?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I went to the doctor when I was only 5w 6d.  They did an ultrasound, blood work, pee in a cup, all of those fun things.  I'm going for my second appointment on Friday.  I will be 9w 6d.

I live in North Central Phoenix.  What about you?

• Options

NE Phoenix near Deer Valley Airport. 

What hospital are you going to deliver at do you know?

I'm going to go to Scottsdale Health Care Shea!! Even though I'll pass PV hospital on the way!

• Options

My doctors office is attached to Arrowhead Hospital (67th Ave and Union Hills) so that's where I will be delivering.

It's about 20 minutes from my house, but I think we'll be OK.

• Options
    imageBITO:

My doctors office is attached to Arrowhead Hospital (67th Ave and Union Hills) so that's where I will be delivering.

It's about 20 minutes from my house, but I think we'll be OK.

That's cool I hear it's a nice hospital! 

Yea I actually am near 16th st and union hills.

• Options
    imageDgurl:

Yea I thought thought at a certain point in pregnancy you're not supposed to go into the pool I could be wrong, I never actually heard my dr tell me. But perhaps I'll ask when I'm there on the 26th.

why wouldn't you be able to swim? if you're a "swimmer" and want to continue you'll want to check with your doc on that, but there's nothing wrong with going into the pool. the pool is awesome for pregnant women. you might be referring to hot tubs, those are a big no no. don't want to cook your LO!!Big Smile

i'm in north phx off the 17 and bell. not pregnant and not due in august though, lol. just wanted to say hi!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageb15chik:
    imageDgurl:

why wouldn't you be able to swim? if you're a "swimmer" and want to continue you'll want to check with your doc on that, but there's nothing wrong with going into the pool. the pool is awesome for pregnant women. you might be referring to hot tubs, those are a big no no. don't want to cook your LO!!Big Smile

i'm in north phx off the 17 and bell. not pregnant and not due in august though, lol. just wanted to say hi!

Hi!! lol You're pretty close to me. I don't know why I just thought you couldn't go in the pool, I knew about the hot tubs though.

• Options

I am!! I'm due August 23rd, 2010, This is my husband and my first pregnancy and we are sooo excited, I actually go into my first apt & ultra sound tomorrow afternoon!

I have no idea how I am going to make it through the summer but can guarantee every moment I can will be spent in the pool! I remember when I was 11 my mom was pregnant with my brother who was born in June and she was so hot her entire pregnancy..and we have to make it all the way to August!! eek!

Well good Luck with everything ladies!!

• Options
    imagehmcnutt7:

I am!! I'm due August 23rd, 2010, This is my husband and my first pregnancy and we are sooo excited, I actually go into my first apt & ultra sound tomorrow afternoon!

I have no idea how I am going to make it through the summer but can guarantee every moment I can will be spent in the pool! I remember when I was 11 my mom was pregnant with my brother who was born in June and she was so hot her entire pregnancy..and we have to make it all the way to August!! eek!

Well good Luck with everything ladies!!

I know it's crazy huh!? Kind of sucky but I look forward to meeting my baby at the end though not everything has settled in yet. Lol like reality like I know there is a baby in there, but I worry, and I just can't wait to feel him/her and know if its a him/her lol. 

Where in PHX are you?

• Options

It is all very crazy, some days i don't even feel pregnant then i get super hungry right after i eat and i'm like oh yeah something is going on haha. Were In North Phoenix, what about you? Do you know where youa re going to deliver yet?

• Options
    I'm over in Mesa and I'm due August 20. Luckily we have a pool also because I think I will turn into a prune because I will be in it all the time. I've lived here for 10 years so I'm fairly used to the heat, but I'm crossing my fingers for all of us that we don't get a record hot summer this year.
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    imagehmcnutt7:

It is all very crazy, some days i don't even feel pregnant then i get super hungry right after i eat and i'm like oh yeah something is going on haha. Were In North Phoenix, what about you? Do you know where youa re going to deliver yet?

I'm also in NE Phoenix. I will be going to Scottsdale Health Care Shea. I always knew I wanted to go to that hospital and between the two choices - SHC or PV I just knew I'd pick SHC! No contest!! It's hard to feel pregnant but I really feel like I can feel my uterus already and I won't be 12 weeks until Friday...sometimes when I bend over to tie my shoes or pick something up it is hard and feels like something is in the way. According to my Dr's notes I will be in the 2nd Tri at 12 weeks!! YAY!

• Options

imageJerseygrl79:
    I'm over in Mesa and I'm due August 20. Luckily we have a pool also because I think I will turn into a prune because I will be in it all the time. I've lived here for 10 years so I'm fairly used to the heat, but I'm crossing my fingers for all of us that we don't get a record hot summer this year.

With us being in the 70's for about 2 weeks in Jan, I believe that we will have a record summer....again. :( Oh well A/C and Pool here I come. Hell just give me a big inflatable pool to set up in my living room and lets throw some ice in it.

• Options

Catching onto this pretty late but we are due August 4th and we live in Central Phoenix (around 12th Street and Thomas).  Not looking forward to the heat -- I will be going to my in-laws a LOT to live in their pool!  

If you girls are interested in getting together some time please let me know!  I'd love to meet other new mom's in the area! 

• Options
    I'm due on August 7th!  I'm not looking forward to the summer heat...last year was our first summer in AZ and it was soooooooooo HOT!  I figure I'll stay indoors as much as possible or hang out in the pool!
  • Options
    imageAMossy:

Catching onto this pretty late but we are due August 4th and we live in Central Phoenix (around 12th Street and Thomas).  Not looking forward to the heat -- I will be going to my in-laws a LOT to live in their pool!  

If you girls are interested in getting together some time please let me know!  I'd love to meet other new mom's in the area! 

I'd love too! I'm up near Desert Ridge area. I need to meet new people and get out of the house lol. I'm unemployed so I sit on the comp most of the time. I'm actually more active on Babygaga and Babycenter though because thebump runs a bit slow (my computer is OLD).
  • Options

imagewifeyvana:
    I'm due on August 7th!  I'm not looking forward to the summer heat...last year was our first summer in AZ and it was soooooooooo HOT!  I figure I'll stay indoors as much as possible or hang out in the pool!

Where are you located? I'm the 6th!! We should be due date buddies!? That would be fun I'm in NE PHX!

• Options

Yay, I'm due on Aug 12th and live in the Arcadia/Biltmore area. I am definitely not looking forward to the summer. It will be my third summer here (I'm from Philadelphia) so I'm not used to it. Plus, our new house doesn't have a pool! I'm delivering at Shea also.

How's everyone feeling? Is everyone showing? I have a really big baby bump! So far, I have felt great, no morning sickness (don't hate me) but I have been getting headaches. 

• Options
    imagemlb277:

Yay, I'm due on Aug 12th and live in the Arcadia/Biltmore area. I am definitely not looking forward to the summer. It will be my third summer here (I'm from Philadelphia) so I'm not used to it. Plus, our new house doesn't have a pool! I'm delivering at Shea also.

How's everyone feeling? Is everyone showing? I have a really big baby bump! So far, I have felt great, no morning sickness (don't hate me) but I have been getting headaches. 

My SO just took a pic of me and I look HUGE!! (to myself anyways) I didn't know I was that big when I look in the mirror weird how a picture tells you how big you are lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"