Philadelphia Babies

Rave - Montgomery hospital & Women's Associates for Healthcare

I ended up with Women's Assoc. and Montgomery because I heard they were very VBAC and natural birth friendly. To be honest -I was pretty nervous about it because it is Montgomery and I had always thought I would only go to montgomery if it was the closest and I was bleeding to death...

It was a wonderful experience. The rooms were fantastic, the staff was amazing and they really did everything in thier power to give me the birth and pp recovery I wanted. They attempted to honor every one of my birthplan wishes and when I declined something (internal monitoring, hepB, circumcision) that was it - no pressure, no questions. I can't tell you how impressed I was. I delivered my first at Paoli and Montgomery blew them out of the water.

Dr. Harvey was my biggest encouragement - He never hesitated to remind me I could VBAC naturally and I know I would have chickened out without him. He also offered so much advice on how to get the birth I wanted. I would encourage anyone to see him! (just a small warning though - he is a cutie - I think he looks like Taye Diggs - so be warned if that is a thing for you!)

Dr. Sylvestre is the one who actually caught my baby and before delivery I had her pegged as the least VBAC supportive - but come baby time she was a great cheerleader!

I could not have asked for a better experience.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Rave - Montgomery hospital & Women's Associates for Healthcare

• Dr. Harvey is the sweetest, nicest doctor ever. I absolutely loved him. And definitely YES he is very cute! I was having some IF issues and he was very aggressive with my treatment and I felt like him being proactive about my care is what got me pregnant. I switched out before I had my son because I heard some horror stories from a couple people who delivered there and I didn't like that hospital as much as Grandview. I am glad you had a good experience there. It sounds like they are getting better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love reading this!  Huge congratulations to you.  I had my daughter at Holy Redeemer and have been planning on transferring to one of the midwives that deliver at Montgomery for a VBAC when I am pregnant again.  Would they have let you used the birthing tubs as a VBAC patient? 

You should really think about typing up your birth story and posting it on the birth stories board.  A lot of the VBAC hopefuls on the baby boards LOVE reading them.  I know I would!  In fact, we have started a VBAC e-mail group on 12-24.  If you're interested, PM me your e-mail and I'll let the leader know.

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"