New York Babies

city friendly strollers?

Recommend your city friendly stroller. Lightweight is definitely a priority for me since I'll be going up/down subway stairs. Compactness also seems like a good idea. TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: city friendly strollers?

• we purchased the baby jogger city mini stroller. for the same reasons as you, we were looking for something lightweight and easy to carry. the city mini is about 15 pounds and folds with just one pull - it's super easy! when we went to buy buy baby to check it out in person, another shopper saw us looking at it and told us that they had the same stroller and couldn't possibly be more happy with it. we haven't actually gotten a chance to use the stroller yet since our daughter is just five days old, but you can find more info here:?https://www.babyjogger.com/city_mini_lp.aspx
  • imagegogoamy:
    we purchased the baby jogger city mini stroller. for the same reasons as you, we were looking for something lightweight and easy to carry. the city mini is about 15 pounds and folds with just one pull - it's super easy! when we went to buy buy baby to check it out in person, another shopper saw us looking at it and told us that they had the same stroller and couldn't possibly be more happy with it. we haven't actually gotten a chance to use the stroller yet since our daughter is just five days old, but you can find more info here: https://www.babyjogger.com/city_mini_lp.aspx

Thank you so much for your comment! very helpful! 

• Loading the player...
  • Maclaren Quest.  You can't really use it until your db is about 4 months old, but it is great.  I have 2 kids and have never regretted it.  It is very easy to collapse (for the bus) while holding the baby at the same time.  It is lightweight enough to carry downstairs into the subway while db is in the stroller.  But also sturdy and reliable.  It has a good recline if you want db to nap.

But I also highly recommend baby wearing for getting around the city.  The Bjorn or the Moby Wrap are wonderful when the baby is small.  When he's bigger the Ergo is super.  I used it with my dd until she was 2.5.  There's a store with all kinds of carriers to try out:

https://www.metrominis.com/

They are very helpful.

• imagejuniper19:

Maclaren Quest.  You can't really use it until your db is about 4 months old, but it is great.  I have 2 kids and have never regretted it.  It is very easy to collapse (for the bus) while holding the baby at the same time.  It is lightweight enough to carry downstairs into the subway while db is in the stroller.  But also sturdy and reliable.  It has a good recline if you want db to nap.

But I also highly recommend baby wearing for getting around the city.  The Bjorn or the Moby Wrap are wonderful when the baby is small.  When he's bigger the Ergo is super.  I used it with my dd until she was 2.5.  There's a store with all kinds of carriers to try out:

https://www.metrominis.com/

They are very helpful.

I will have to check out that stroller as well. I am definitely getting a carrier. I don't really mind if the stroller can't be used for a few months. Can you not use the Ergo when they are very little?  

• I also have the City Mini.  My favorite thing about it is that it is easy to fold and lightweight.  I didn't want an expensive stroller, and it seems like quality construction with some nice features for the price.  It is easy to push with one hand and has a smooth ride, but I have a hard time getting it in and out of stores in the city.  It seems a little large to me.  I wish I had tested more in Buy Buy Baby for that reason, but the staff at that store highly suggested the City Mini for a good, affordable, city stroller.  The only other negative is that the basket underneath is small.  I also have the Ergo carrier, and it is a little difficult to use for a newborn even with the infant insert.  We use it, but I'm constantly checking to see if he can breathe down there.  I think it will be great when my son is a little larger.
  • imagetdub:
    I also have the City Mini.  My favorite thing about it is that it is easy to fold and lightweight.  I didn't want an expensive stroller, and it seems like quality construction with some nice features for the price.  It is easy to push with one hand and has a smooth ride, but I have a hard time getting it in and out of stores in the city.  It seems a little large to me.  I wish I had tested more in Buy Buy Baby for that reason, but the staff at that store highly suggested the City Mini for a good, affordable, city stroller.  The only other negative is that the basket underneath is small.  I also have the Ergo carrier, and it is a little difficult to use for a newborn even with the infant insert.  We use it, but I'm constantly checking to see if he can breathe down there.  I think it will be great when my son is a little larger.

cool. thanks for your input.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"