1st Trimester
Options

Vent about my doppler

So I got my doppler from Amazon two days ago and so far I've heard diddly-squat from the little peanut inside me.  *Humph*  I knew it would be tough to hear the HB at home (especially since I have a tilted uterus) and I was totally prepared to be patient... but then, as a sort of sanity check, I looked for my own heartbeat.  And you know what?  It could BARELY find that!!!  My heart is HUGE compared to LO's and I know EXACTLY where it is.  There is no way this machine is gonna find the baby's heartbeat.

Amazon actually sent me the WRONG brand doppler (Sonoline instead of Sonotrax) and I was hoping that it wouldn't make any difference, but the Sonotrax got GREAT reviews on Amazon and now that the darn Sonoline can't even find MY heartbeat, I'm getting pretty suspicious.  Boooooooo.  Looks like it will have to go back.  Ugh.

We said "I Do" on 9/27/2008!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Vent about my doppler

• Options
    how far along are you?

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I got mine today, the AngelSounds one, and found my HB loud & clear. I *thought* I found LOs but then I found the same sound on the other side... so either I've got twins in there or I just found my HB twice down low. Patience is hard! I hope your new one arrives quickly. Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    11 weeks, 2 days.  I know it's still a bit early, but I heard the HB at the doctor with her doppler machine... plus the whole not being able to find my own hb really bugged me.
    We said "I Do" on 9/27/2008!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sorry about this experience, I would def get my money back.. I was considered getting a sonotrax this weekend.. I guess not.. I think i am going to get the Bebe T200..
  • Options

imageckettenb:
    11 weeks, 2 days.  I know it's still a bit early, but I heard the HB at the doctor with her doppler machine... plus the whole not being able to find my own hb really bugged me.

Dont get discouraged. Honestly contact the person you ordered it from and tell them you ordered the sonotrax b  not the sonoline and you want a replacement stat or your money back.

I love my sonotrax b. Its amazing. are you using gel or baby oil? also advice. I had to press into my ute some with the volume all the way up when i found it to hear LO. and it was VERY low. so low i had to pull my pants down to find LOs HB

GL

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Couldh ave to dow ith how far along you are. It's sometimes hard to pick up LO's HB very early on through a home doppler.

Our LO was so stubborn we couldn't get her on the doc's doppler. She would always scramble out of the way. We finally got her at 23w though. We ended up buying the Sonotrax B doppler and have found her within seconds every use.

Don't get discouraged, just keep trying :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The sonotrax and sonoline are the same exact thing.  I have the sonoline and it works perfectly.  Did you make sure the probe was plugged in all the way?  It's not obvious when it's not all the way in.  Did you use a gel or lube?  I have found my LO's hb with it, but sometimes I can't.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Ha! I got the Baby Sound B monitor, and I couldn't hear the baby's or my own heart beat! PLUS, it was giving heart rate readings on everything we touched... the dog, my husband, and me and they were all in the 130s! I know I picked a cheapo, but it had good reviews... just don't know if I'll be trusting the heart rate portion of it! I have my next appointment next week, so we'll get to hear the heartbeat for the first time then. I wasn't expecting the at home one to work until at least 14 weeks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"