Maryland Babies
Options

When did your LO start solids?

We were given the go ahead by DD pedi to start cereal at 5 months and then solids at 6 months. I've noticed that DD will sleep a few nights for 8-9 hours and then other days only sleep 4-5 hours. My boss who thinks she knows everything keeps telling me to start feeding her cereal now. I just don't want to start her too early.

Any thoughts? 

Re: When did your LO start solids?

• Options

We didn't start until DD was like 5 months and 3 wks and then we introduced avocado- and who knows how much she really ate- we definitely were relaxed about it- like tried it one day, didn't do it the next.  DD was EBF until then- there is an advantage to EBFing for the first 6 months w/ regards to allergies and asthma (DH has both, so we went for it.)  If you are FFing then starting solids @ 5 months is fine.   I was told by the one nurse practitioner @ our ped's practice that I don't really care for that we could start cereal @ 4 months. 

Frankly the cereal has no real nutritional benefit and it's just to help them get used to "texture" so I didn't bother w/ it.  

The whole STTN because they are on solids thing is iffy at best- and IMO not a good reason to start them on solids. 

Does your DD show signs of "wanting" to eat?  Like watching you and your DH eat?  etc? 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Thanks Daisy for the response. 

I haven't really noticed her really wanting to eat, but I'll keep an eye out the next we are sitting down to eat. I figured all cereal would do is get use use to the idea.

I just hate when people offer advice about my child. I just want say "your not my doctor" I think my doctor knows best. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We started Anna on cereal probably closer to 5 months. At her 4 month appointment, we were told we could start than but I honestly wasn't in a big rush and she wasn't really showing signs of interest. After about a week or so on cereal, we went right to homemade purees. She loved them and there was no turning back.
  • Options
    imagejcsntms06:

I just hate when people offer advice about my child. I just want say "your not my doctor" I think my doctor knows best. 

Um, yes, I got lots of random advice/questions from my MIL.  Who raised 2 kids in a house where she allowed FIL to smoke in the basement, etc, etc.  I always want to shake her when she questions the choices I have made with DD and I know I will lose my sh!t w/ her if she does it again w/ baby #2!  I admit that having my dad as a resource and someone who backs up everything I do is maybe not always a good thing, but it's great in a lot of ways. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

We started Sean at a little under 5 months. I wanted to wait as long as possible but we was a big baby from the get go and all of a sudden it was like breastmilk alone would not satiate him. He was watching us eat and moving his mouth up and down like he was chewing so thats how we knew it was time.

We started on rice cereal, did that for a couple weeks, let him try oatmeal after that, and then a couple weeks later started veggies then fruits. He loves it all.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"