North Florida Babies

Pregnancy in Jacksonville

I am brand new to the Jacksonville area, and just found out i am pregnant. I am not due until september, but this isn't my first baby. I am pretty nervous about it because I am in Florida, out of my comfort zone. I have not found a single place to get maternity clothing. I have a ton of clothes size 14 and 16 that are too big for me, and I would be willing to work out a trade if anyone is willing. Im looking for either mediums or larges IF anyone is willing to help or donate I would greatly appreciate it. You can email me back at majickalchilde (AT) yahoo dot com.

Re: Pregnancy in Jacksonville

• I had a bit if luck in Target maternity (all of them), JC Penney and Sears maternity (both had decent sections and a lot on sale.. lots of gems for about 10-12 bux each for tops). All near Regency mall.

There is a maternity store at the St John's Town Center called Motherhood maternity but it is close to the Best Buy end kind of hidden at the end of the plaza. The clearance racks had some great buys on cute jeans for about 30-40 each (good considering they used to be 80plus!) 

I just got to needing my maternity clothes (20 weeks!) so I won't have any available for a while but welcome to Jax and let me know if you need to find anything in town! 

Jessie

• Thank you so much for that. That was very helpful! I just couldnt find any places that sold them. I will deffinetely check those out.

• Loading the player...
  • Target has a TON of maternity clothes on clearance right now!

I got most of mine from the Motherhood maternity store at the Avenues and on clearance at Kohl's.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Awesome, I never even thought of Kohls! Thanks for that!
  • My favorites are Old Navy, Target, and BabyGap (maternity section at town center.). Also, consignment shops are a good place to shop.
  • Im still pretty new, any good consignment shops? I only know of one and it didnt have any maternity clothes in it.
  • Ther is a good consignment store on University Blvd and Arlington Road GREAT stuff (depending on what your looking for).
  • Thats great! Thanks I will definetly check that out,
  • This is my first message board post! :)

I've found the best deals at Target on clearance and Old Navy at the Town Center.  The maternity section at the Old Navy is really small (and kind of hard to find...it's waaay at the back) but they always have some great clearance stuff (which is separate from the main maternity stuff tucked into another hidden corner close by).  I also found some maternity jeans at a consignment shop called Kids Closet on San Jose Blvd, in the Winn-Dixie shopping center.  Go to www.kidscloset.com for their phone/address.  Their website says they have the largest selection of maternity consignment in Jax...makes it sound like they have more than they do but it was a decent selection when I was there.  The Motherhood Maternity/Pea in a Pod at the Town Center wasn't worth it to me...non-clearance was not worth the price and clearance was so unorganized I was too frustrated and left, but it could be organized now so maybe it's worth trying.  Good luck!

• Burlington Coat Factory has a decent selection ... the one on Old St. Augustine Road near 295.  I think Ross (Town Center) also has a small selection.

Since I am just now reading this thread, you've probably found what you need at this point :)

I didn't realize this board had become more active :)

Mungee and Me
    How is it that my BABY is going to be 3?

BFP-2/25/11; 8 Wk U/S-3/25/11-No HB, measured 6.5 wks; D&C
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"