Postpartum Depression
Options

Anyone take Celexa??

This is what my doc prescribed. She knows I am breastfeeding...but from what I have read it seems like there might be better ones to take while breastfeeding...

So I just wanted to know how the drug has affected you and if you are breastfeeding?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
br
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Anyone take Celexa??

• Options
    I was still sort of breastfeeding when I first started meds so my OB put me on Zoloft because she said it was the preferred medication while BFing. But each OB is different on what they "prefer".
    DD 12/1/2009
    TTC#2 Since May 2012
    Dx PCOS February 2013 on Metformin 1500 mg
    Met with RE October 2013, we've got a plan!
    Surprise BFP on "break cycle" 10/12/13. EDD 6/17/14.
    MMC discovered 11/25/13 at 10 weeks. D&C 11/27/13.
    BFP 2/8/14 Beta#1: 176, Prog 18! Beta#2:335, Prog, 19.5!
    EDD 10/16/2014

• Options

My Dr. prescribed Zoloft for me knowing I wanted to continue breastfeeding. She said it's been around the longest and has had the most research. So it's not that the others aren't necessarily as safe, but that they're not as well researched, so they just don't know for sure.

However, there are two types of antidepressants, basically uppers and downers from what I understand. So it depends on your symptoms which type will work for you. Zoloft is an upper. I'm not sure about Celexa.

I think if I were you I'd call your doc and just say you want to double check about the safety of the meds while bfing. Hopefully she'll be able to put you at ease.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"