Eco-Friendly Family

WWYD in my shoes?

Still contracting here, passing more of the plug.  Things are getting more uncomfortable (but not super painful - just had to pause while it was going on) but otherwise I feel fine.

I have a potluck dinner to attend tonight (just went to the store to get more sugar - how did I run out of THAT?) and can't decide whether to go ahead and bake the cornbread and go or just stay home. DH is working late unless I call him.  All of Mady's potential babysitters will be at this dinner so it push came to shove I could easily leave her there with one of them (I'd bring her bag just in case this happened and make sure the carseat made it in their car safely) while I drove home or had DH come get me.

I'm so torn.  It's in an hour and a half so I really need to get moving if I need to bake.  GAH!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD in my shoes?

• I'd go if it was me!
  • As long as you can still do things comfortably, I would. It's actually best for early labor (so I've read) to keep moving and doing things. So, make the cornbread, get things together and go! Moving around may even help move things along.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagegoinggreengirl:
    As long as you can still do things comfortably, I would. It's actually best for early labor (so I've read) to keep moving and doing things. So, make the cornbread, get things together and go! Moving around may even help move things along.

This is kind of my thought.  Plus, these ladies are a blast and it would be so much more fun to spend any part of labor with them than laying around (or putsing around) the house waiting for DH to get home.  

Off to make cornbread then!  Watch, 30 minutes into baking my water will break or something silly.  LOL.

• I"d go ahead and make hte cornbread and reassess when its time to leave.

• make the cornbread and go.
  • I'd go and enjoy myself.  If you stay home, you'll just sit & wonder.
  • Just be careful. My labor with #2 went from 0 to 100 in about 10 minutes, and we barely made it to the hospital. If you think this is it, I would go.

But I'm paranoid now. If we ever have #3 I'll be camped out at the hospital -- or we'll plan a home birth! 

• I'd go and just be prepared.  It will help pass the time since the beginning can take forever anyway.  Good luck! 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'd totally go!  Hope you have fun!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I would definitely bake the cornbread, and see how you feel after that :)
  • I'd go!  Then you'll be the hardcore one showing up to dinner party while in labor.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"