Postpartum Depression

DH is out of town

DH is out of town on business from Monday until the Sat, and I was okay until today.  It's a lot harder to deal with everything without him here.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: DH is out of town

• I hear ya, my DH travels a lot too and it's hard sometimes.
  • Hang in there!! Is there anyone who can come over and help with the baby and keep you company? I am always begging my MIL to come over because I hate being alone with LO all the time. I wish DH didn't have to work- but "someone has to pay the bills." (as he says) :P
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry that things are hard without him home.  Having somebody else around makes a big difference.

Can you make plans to either get out of the house every day or to have someone come over to hang out with you?

My DH is deployed, so I understand taking care of LO on your own.  My parents live nearby, but they've gone to FL for two months.  I didn't realize how much they helped me. Its not even that they babysit too often, but it is the company and structure that they help to provide.  I find that I need to have a reason or purpose to get showered and out of the house everyday. It makes me feel better and I know that my LO enjoys it too.

You can do it!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageSmudges*Mom:

My DH is deployed, so I understand taking care of LO on your own.  My parents live nearby, but they've gone to FL for two months.  I didn't realize how much they helped me. Its not even that they babysit too often, but it is the company and structure that they help to provide.  I find that I need to have a reason or purpose to get showered and out of the house everyday. It makes me feel better and I know that my LO enjoys it too.

You can do it!!!

II am so sorry!  That has to be so hard with your DH deployed!  I can't imagine.  Really puts one week in perspective.  Thanks guys!

• imageSmudges*Mom:

You can do it!!!

II am so sorry!  That has to be so hard with your DH deployed!  I can't imagine.  Really puts one week in perspective.  Thanks guys!

• imageJameRoo430:
    imageSmudges*Mom:

You can do it!!!

To be honest, its not as difficult as I thought it would be.  It would (or will, depending on future deployments) be different if DH had been home when LO was born and I became accustomed to having him home and having his help and support.  DH has been gone since before LO was born, so, this, for now, is my normal.  My normal is different than most peoples. 

I totally understand how it is hard having your DH gone for a week.  You are used to having him there, you miss him and his help.  That is why I'm missing my parents right now.  I'm used to my DH being away.  I'm NOT used to my parents being away.  Its hard.

You can do it though, tomorrow is Friday!  Your DH will be home with you and your sweet LO soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"