Philadelphia Babies
Options

Lankenau Hospital

I am a first time mom-to-be. I have decided to deliver @ Lankenau.  has anyone delivered here or aer going to be.  Just wanted to know of any experiences good or bad.

Re: Lankenau Hospital

• Options
    I am going to be delivering there in May. I don't have any experiences to share yet though:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I delivered there in June. Went in the night before for an induction. The whole experience, although not my dream birth, was good. The nurses were great both during and post delivery. You get your own room and they are super attentive. They offer childbirth classes there and I highly recommend it. Also, I would also take part in some of the classes they offer during your stay like bathing your newborn and they have lactation consultants who visit often. Overall, I highly recommend Lankenau! Good luck to both of you! 
    DS#1~ 6/8/09 DS#2~ 5/12/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I delivered there last February.  It was an overall GREAT experience.  My delivery nurse (and later, she became my post partum nurse) was amazing!  I did have one or two night nurses I didn't love though.  They just weren't very friendly.  I was also induced and there for about three days.  Loved my room too.  I did the bath class to and the LC was very knowledgable.  I wouldn't think twice about delivering there again.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageLaurenNBill:
    I delivered there in June. Went in the night before for an induction. The whole experience, although not my dream birth, was good. The nurses were great both during and post delivery. You get your own room and they are super attentive. They offer childbirth classes there and I highly recommend it. Also, I would also take part in some of the classes they offer during your stay like bathing your newborn and they have lactation consultants who visit often. Overall, I highly recommend Lankenau! Good luck to both of you! 

Same here! The nurses were excellent and very helpful and knowledgable. The single room thing is so important, I think. I couldn't imagine it otherwise. Please take advantage of the newborn bath class. I enrolled our little one the day we were leaving so we didn't have to worry about bathing him right away :). We were such dorks b/c we were "proud" of our little boy. Lol. Best of luck to you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I will also deliver here.  I was actually born here and my sister has given birth to 2 here in the past 3 years.  I have heard nothing but great things.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had an awful experience there in 06. If you want to hear more you can page me. 
  • Options

I had my son there in 2007 (before they finished all of the renovations) and will deliver there again in April (hopefully).  I was there for 6 days between my induction and c-section - no complaints, I had a great experience (other than rounds starting really early on the weekends!)

• Options
    I delivered there in June 2008...I LOVED the nurses.  VERY attentive and kind. 
  • Options
    I delivered there twice - one normal delivery and one emergency c/s.  I came to find out later that their c/s rate is close to 50%.  Aside from that, I found nurses both times to be great (except for the occasional cranky nurse).  The resident doc I had was adorable - he was a 1st year and I'm pretty sure I fell in love with him while I was there!  Lol.  Both times I was in the large room at the end of the hallway - can't beat that!
  • Options

Hi guys,

I just found out I'm pregnant, and don't know where to start in finding an ob. I've heard great things about Lankenau. How does one find a doctor that delivers there?

Thanks!

• Options
    You might want to start with contacting your insurance company to see which doctors will accept whichever insurance plan you have. Or you could call Lankaneau and tell them what insurance you have and they can tell you which doctors accept it (and if they are accepting new patients).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm delivering my twins at Lankenau in May, and my OB is Dr. Scott Bailey...he is awesome!  It you appreciate a doctor that is going to be straight up with you, thorough and not sugar coat things, he's your guy.  If he's taking new patients at Lankenau, I highly recommend him.
  • Options
    Wow, you and I are pretty close, my babies are due May 4, and I'm delivering at Lankenua...good luck to you!
  • Options
    Had my first there this past August - had a great experience although I wish they did a better job coaching me through the pushing so I wouldn't tear as badly as I did. My friend's labor nurse attentively watched how she was pushing and stopped her to make sure that she stretched enough before pushing again. Guess it's a lesson learned - gotta speak up no matter where you deliver for what you want. Really liked Wendy Mankow for OB - awesome bedside mannerisms and really compassionate & intelligent.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"