San Diego Babies

Scripps childbirth classes

Morning everyone.

Just a quick question if anyone has gone through the Scripps childbirth classes. I'm trying to decide if we should do the class.

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Scripps childbirth classes

• Yes, I just completed the 4 week course and it was pretty good actually. I have been reading the baby books all along so it wasnt really any info that was shocking or too unknown.

The last 2 classes are good because you practice birthing positions, breathing, partner roles etc.

The classes were a bit long (6:30-9:00) but overall pretty good!

The breastfeeding class Scripss offers is a really good 1 day class.

Good luck!

• I did many of them.  The 4 week one was pretty good...too long (I would have done the abbreviated one if I had to do it over), the breastfeeding one, infant cpr, taking care of baby and dogs and babies.  Dogs and babies was the best (if you have a dog).  They were ok. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 1st m/c July 2008, 2nd m/c December 2008, Baby boy born in 2009!, 3rd m/c (c/p) June 2011, 4th m/c September 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. I have been doing the reading and researching, but I realized that my husband isn't getting as much out of it when I tell him things. Figured the classes would be definitely more beneficial for him.

Thank you for your input!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We plan to do the 2-part Get Ready for Baby class and of course, the tour. I may do a b/f class but my OB said they can go over some of the material in my next few appts if I don't do the delivery class.

I did not know they had a dog and baby class--is that in LJ?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I signed up for our classes!

FYI if you're a Scripps employee you get a discount on the classes Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"