Florida Babies
Options

New Here

Hi everyone... Im new to the bump and to Tampa. My husband and I live by Macdill AFB because he is military. All our family is in Orlando but our friends are in NC because we lived there for a year. We have a 4 month old SIberian Husky and were expecting our first baby in October. Any way...just wanted to introduce myself... btw does anyone have a recommendation for a good hospital to deliver in? I am currently going to partners in obgyn on w virginia ave by St Joseph's hospital but im not too sure about the hospital because it looks kinda old from the outside. has anyone had a good or bad experience there?
Married 11/08/08 TTC since 2009 MC 3/22/10 at 9w4d MC 7/20/10 at 6w5d Homeowners since 2/24/11 BFP Father's Day 6/19/11 Pregnancy Ticker Psalm 139:13,15-16 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb... You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.

Re: New Here

• Options

Welcome and congrats! 

St Joe's Womens is a nice hospital - this is where I will be delivering.  If your Dr delivers at several places you may want to call the hospitals and schedule a tour to help you decide.  I have heard very good things about Tampa General (TGH) and University Community (UCH).  UCH is in Temple Terrace and may be a bit of a drive for you.  You may also want to consider how you will deliver.  I've heard that TGH and UCH are more open to natural births.

BTW...you may want to check out the local West Coast FL Nest board.  We have a lot of pregnant girls and there is a lot more posting.

• Options
    Married 11/08/08 TTC since 2009 MC 3/22/10 at 9w4d MC 7/20/10 at 6w5d Homeowners since 2/24/11 BFP Father's Day 6/19/11 Pregnancy Ticker Psalm 139:13,15-16 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb... You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrsJWeaver:

Welcome and congrats! 

St Joe's Womens is a nice hospital - this is where I will be delivering.  If your Dr delivers at several places you may want to call the hospitals and schedule a tour to help you decide.  I have heard very good things about Tampa General (TGH) and University Community (UCH).  UCH is in Temple Terrace and may be a bit of a drive for you.  You may also want to consider how you will deliver.  I've heard that TGH and UCH are more open to natural births.

BTW...you may want to check out the local West Coast FL Nest board.  We have a lot of pregnant girls and there is a lot more posting.

Yes, come say hi on the WCF Nest board!  Everyone is super nice!

Baby Macy is here!

12/09 - Macy (daughter) | 4/10 - Began TTC Baby #2 | 12/10 - Chemical Pregnancy | 1/12 - Miscarriage at 14 weeks | DX - PCOS & Hyperthyroidism
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"