LGBT Parenting
Options

Bummer...but feeling ok about it

I had some spotting Sat. night but still positive on HPT. More spotting last night and tested negative today. AF arrived shortly after. Called the Nurse Practitioner and she added a quantitative hcg to my blood work.Oddly ,I'm not as disappointed as I thought I might be. I think it is good that with only 2 home inseminations we managed to fertilize an egg...even if she didn't stick around. I feel positive about it in a way...I mean we must be doing something right, right?

I'm hopeful that my Day 3 hormone levels will reveal something that can easily be tweaked and we can carry on. Not sure if I am ready to invest in IUI yet since making a sperm/egg connection doesn't seem to be the problem area. I suppose we'll see what the tests turn up. I have suspicions of  a luteal phase defect, but these are only suspicions. Sometimes I ovulate a bit late and my cycle generally stays the same length...we shall see..but I hope that's it since it is generally an easy fix.

By the way, we're only seeing an Endo because I'll be 36 in another blink, and we are wanting to be a little more aggressive than I would typically be due to some other things that are going on in our life at the moment.

Re: Bummer...but feeling ok about it

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"