Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

suggestions on strollers please

So we go outside a lot(walks(I don't run), camping, etc..). So I am not sure what kind of stroller to get...a reg one or jogging. I am not sure how well reg. strollers do in the grass and on rough grounds. Suggestions please!!

Re: suggestions on strollers please

• Options

I've heard that the Bob strollers or Phil & Ted strollers are great for off road.

Heather

• Options
    We love love love our baby jogger city mini!
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're kind of in the same boat as you, and we're getting the Bob Revolution 12. We wanted an all purpose stroller, but still something that would do well on long walks, trails, possibly running, camping-- everything. Most people who have a Bob say they use it for everything (and not just running). We also considered the Maclaren Techno XLR and the Uppa Baby Vista, but ultimately I think we're better off with something more suitable to all terrain conditions. GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We have the Baby Jogger City Classic and LOVE it  I don't jog or run, but I wanted a stroller that I could use everyday and still go off-road with (my ILs live in the middle of nowhere with dirt roads).  It's perfect for mall trips, street sidewalks, grass, sand, and, of course, dirt roads. 

• Options
    imageBabyBurns:
    We have the Stokke Xplory and love it!

I have this myself, still in the box.  Seriously, you can off-road on grass and trails with this thing?
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

We got the Baby Jogger City Elite and I think it will be good for trails and stuff.  I actually found it at REI.com for $80 less than usual. 

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a Phil and Teds sport and love it.  I take it camping, to my neices baseball games and to the mall.  It is my everyday stroller I also have a Silver cross pop for when I need a light stroller but its not good for camping or anything like that.
  • Options

imageJamieS2006:
    imageBabyBurns:
    We have the Stokke Xplory and love it!

I have this myself, still in the box.  Seriously, you can off-road on grass and trails with this thing?

Oh yes! It's very versatile. The only downside is that they don't make a double :) 

• Options

Oh boy, I've had my fair share of strollers.  Background: we live in an urban city, so we're constantly walking around our neighborhood - over sidewalks, cobblestone, grass, dirt, road - you name it, we walk it.

Strollers I love
    Valco Runabout - PROS: tri-wheel (good for steering), air tires (great for shock absorption), TONS of storage (I don't back a separate diaper bag - just load up all the pockets with my supplies), full recline (great for newborn on up), lockable front wheel (so we do jog with it occasionally); and a jump seat attachment, so my oldest will use that eliminating the need for a double.

Cons: It's not conducive to quick trips - fold is bulky; while you can easily jog with it, it's not as lightweight as a P&T or a Bob.

Baby Jogger City Mini: This is my umbrella stroller.  My son goes to daycare, and in the spring/summer/early fall, I usually will walk him the 1.5 miles home after school.  So I needed a stroller that is light enough/folds compactly enough to toss in the trunk, yet is substantial enough that he's comfortable during the long walk home, i.e., big seat, good shocks, etc.  I also wanted something that could fold QUICK in case we needed to collapse it and get on the El or the bus.  BJCM is AWESOME.  You need to check out their website to get the full concept of how easy the fold is - completely one handed (which is great when you've got one hand on a toddler).  This leads me to...

Strollers I did NOT love:
    Maclaren Quest: lightweight, small seat, fold was not easy, and most importantly - little comfort for my son - long distance walks were a joke, he was screaming to get out. 

Baby Planet Single: too bulky to be considered an "umbrella"; fold complicated, not as lightweight as the Mac

Quinny Zapp: SO cheaply made; really tiny seat both width & height wise

(the above strollers I ended up selling on Craigslist - I'm a bit trial and error kind of girl)

Hope this helps!

• Options
    I was deciding between a Bob and a Bugaboo.  I ended up going with the Bugaboo Frog because I walk a lot, I never run and there was no point in a  jogger.  I also liked the look of the Bugaboo Frog more than the Bob.  My stroller is awesome, both DH and I love it and it was a great investment.  It does well off the beaten path and in the mall.  Great Stroller!!   It has such a smooth ride no matter what kind of surface we are on, I love that it doesn't jar DS around a lot.  It also turns on a dime and you can litteraly push it with one finger.
    Booze, it's what's for dinner imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches
  • Options
    either the baby jogger city mini or a bugaboo frog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"