Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Blighted Ovum?

Hello, I am sorry to post on the TTC boards, but I have some questions and I was wondering if any of you may have some answers or experiences that I might be able to get answers from.

I am 8wk3dys pregnant and I have already had two ultrasounds because my Dr. was concerned about me having light cramping ( I am talking super light) but no bleeding at all. My first ultrasound was when I was 5wk5dys. There was a Gestational sac and a yolk sac but no fetal pole. So my Dr. had me come back a week later (6wk5dys) and the sacs were bigger but still a fetal pole was not detected. I go again this Thursday to a High-Risk Dr. (my Dr. told me to start seeing him) and I will have another ultrasound. My Dr. said that I might have a blighted ovum, which is basically a missed miscarriage.

I wanted to know if any of you have had early ultrasounds and if so, were you able to see your fetal pole then?

I am beginning to get really worried. I mean I still have all my symptoms, but that happens with a blighted ovum too.

ANY response would be great!

Thanks

Re: Blighted Ovum?

• Options
    This may be better on the first tri board they might have more information for you.  Sorry, I couldn't help more.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I did post on the 1st trimester board, and someone suggested I try here too. I apologize for the inconvienence.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm sorry you're going through this. Must be a frustrating time.

This post would be better suited for the "Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss" board. 

Good luck hun.

ETA: I am not assuming you are having a miscarriage. The topic (blighted ovum) would gain more experienced answers for you on the other board. Just wanted to clarify.

<3 Bumpie Veteran from December 2010 Mama's <3 -
    BFP - TTC Cycle #6: Clomid + HCG Trigger + TI + Progesterone - EDD: 12/11
    Beta #1: 4/1 - 51.5   Beta #2: 4/3 - 189   Beta #3: 4/6 - 778.9
    AMH: 1.06  FSH: 10.7
    DS: 11/2010 Clomid + HCG Trigger + IUI + Progesterone
  • Options

imagebabygruden:
    I did post on the 1st trimester board, and someone suggested I try here too. I apologize for the inconvienence.

It is not an inconvience...I was just trying to think of somewhere that might have some information for you.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I had a blighted ovum when I m/c in 02. I had my first ultrasound at 13 weeks and that is when the doctor told me he only saw a sac. Good luck to you.
    Lapband wife wanting a baby since 2008. 162lbs lost...30 more to go.
  • Options
    Thanks for the idea. I will try there too!
  • Options

imagebabygruden:
    Thanks for the idea. I will try there too!

Good luck hun. 

<3 Bumpie Veteran from December 2010 Mama's <3 -
    BFP - TTC Cycle #6: Clomid + HCG Trigger + TI + Progesterone - EDD: 12/11
    Beta #1: 4/1 - 51.5   Beta #2: 4/3 - 189   Beta #3: 4/6 - 778.9
    AMH: 1.06  FSH: 10.7
    DS: 11/2010 Clomid + HCG Trigger + IUI + Progesterone
  • Options
    I don't have any experience with this, but I wish you luck.
    TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
  • Options

I'm late to this post...but I hope you get my reply. I had a blighted ovum last year. I was having some early spotting and had mutliple u/s where there was only a gestational sac from 6 weeks-8 weeks. Are your doctors drawing your beta hcg levels? My levels were increasing, but they weren't even close to doubling. So, we decided that a D&E was necessary because after the emotional roller coaster for a few weeks I didn't want to wait to miscarry on my own since that could take up to 12 weeks. Because I had a D&E the doctor was able to test the tissue to find out why that happened. It was a genetic mis-matching of chromosomes that was totally just a fluke. Hang in there and I'll be praying that your next u/s shows a beautiful little heart beat. If you have any questions, feel free to email me. My SN @aol. Take care.

ETA: My doctor wasn't comfortable making a final decision until 8 weeks, and neither was I.

imageimage

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"--Harry, When Harry Met Sally

• Options

sorry that you're going through this.  I know the uncertainty can really get to you.

I had spotting early on and had an U/S at the same time as your first one and they only saw a sac... but it turned out that my EDD was off so I was only 4+weeks.  Not to say that they would have seen one if I was infact 5+ weeks, but when I went back for my originally scheduled "first" u/s they saw the baby and the heartbeat.  So I'll be thinking about you on Thursday!  Good luck sweetie!  and let us know:)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had a BO about a month ago.  Light spotting and rising but not doubling betas led to an ultrasound at 6 weeks.  Sac was visible, but no yolk sac or fetal pole, plus I was measuring behind and I knew my conception date b/c of charting.  So I elected to take Cytotec since, despite the spotting, it looked like it wasn't budging soon.  I was comfortable with the diagnosis despite not having a follow-up u/s because of my poor betas.  Between the two, we were all sure it was a BO.

I still had pregnancy symptoms, the only reason we found out so soon was b/c the spotting prompted the blood work.  My advice is to make sure you are 100% confident in your doctors and their diagnosis before moving forward with anything.  A miscarriage, no matter the circumstances, is a profound loss and you deserve peace of mind that you did everything you could.  My T&P are with you- I hope you have a better outcome than I!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersI
    BFP 1/2/10- miscarriage @ 6 weeks
    BFP 9/7/10- DS born 4/30/11 via emergent c-section @ 36 weeks
    Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma 7/2/11
    8 rounds of chemo & 20 sessions of radiation- NED as of 9/26/11!!!
    TTC #2 since 12/2012
    BFP 2/26/13 EDD 11/6/13 ***Baby Joel is on his way***
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"