Pennsylvania Babies
Options

New from York County

Hi, I lurk on the boards occasionally but don't really post.  I'm not pregnant, and not even TTC yet, but I'm getting ready to.  I started charting this month to know what's normal for me before we really try and happened to also have broken my record for longest cycle at 33 days.  I took a pregnancy test today but it was negative.  Even though we're not planning to TTC until the fall, a positive test would be amazing wonderful news now.  A big part of me was disappointed.  I think that just starting to chart has been playing with my mind and leading me into daydreams.  Also, I teach in MD and schools have been closed ALL WEEK, leaving me snowed in thinking of baby names I like.

Please help me find the board where I belong.  I know some people on these boards have claws and others are going through tough times with IF and don't need someone who is just counting down the months to TTC time on their board.    Where's a friendly place for me to lurk for the next 7 months while I'm working on my before-pregnancy-checklist for my life?

Re: New from York County

• Options

HI and welcome!

I think this board is a pretty friendly bunch for the most part, and I don't think you'll see any claws if you  hang around here.   I don't know how many first time TTC'ers there are, though, so you may not find what you actually need, but if you have any TTC questions, I'll be happy to help, as I'm sure many others will, too. 

As for national boards - I would recommend checking out and lurking on Babies on the Brain on the Bump or Getting Pregnant on the Nest and see if either of those appeal to you. 

The anticipation around a baby is just amazing from the very beginning.  I wish you luck and hope to "see" you around!

• Options
    Thanks!  I like this board!  Reading about charting is helpful, and the rest helps me put things in perspective and plan a bit.  I'm so happy for everyone who's PG and hopeful for those TTC.  I wonder if anyone is from the Shrewsbury area....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry, I'm no longer a first time TTC'r. But I think many of us have been in your shoes so we can always help answer some questions. Still it's nice to have people who are going with it along with you. Like the PP said, the Babies on the brain board should be good for you.

I didn't do charting. I found it too hard with my mixed schedule of working nights and then being up during the day when I was off of work, it was never consistent. I used ovulation tests to help me conceive, but they were expensive.

Good luck! 

Miscarriage/D&E 10w6d 10/3/14 (baby's heart stopped beating)

Ectopic Pregnancy discovered @ 10 weeks 5/6/14 (Lost right tube and ovary)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Miscarriage @ 9 weeks 11/9/08

• Options
    Hi and welcome to the board.  I am from York also!   Good luck with TTC.
  • Options
    Welcome and have fun TTC.  I guess that is the best advice I have, unless you have been trying for a long time unsuccessfully, have fun.  I didn't chart or use ovulation predictors, I used a predictor on babycenter.com and it predicted pretty close when I would ovulate and DH and I BD about every 2 days around that time, we were very lucky and successful.  Like I said, good luck and have fun. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Lurking on the Trying To Get Pregnant board has been pretty helpful to me. If you lurk long enough people are bound to ask questions you might be thinking or might ask ones that you never even thought of. Be sure to check out the glossary on the lower left hand side of the page, there are tons of acronyms to get to know!

I'm pretty close to Shrewsbury and also work in MD.

GL!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    fmgrice, thanks!  I'll pop over to that board too.   : )
  • Options

Welcome! I grew up in York County, but now live and teach in MD - Frederick Co. I'm on maternity leave now so I really hate all of these snow days that are cutting into our summer!

Best of luck with TTC! 

• Options
    I grew up in Frederick  I went to MES, MMS, & TJHS- my parents still live there.  Seems like we're getting about the same amount of snow. If it weren't for Lost being on tonight, I'd go to bed early early to get a jump on my work to-do list for tomorrow - the first day back since Feb 5th! 

Love you're DD's name!  Ella Maddison is so pretty!
  • Options

imageLovingEveryDay:
    I grew up in Frederick  I went to MES, MMS, & TJHS- my parents still live there.  Seems like we're getting about the same amount of snow. If it weren't for Lost being on tonight, I'd go to bed early early to get a jump on my work to-do list for tomorrow - the first day back since Feb 5th! 

Love you're DD's name!  Ella Maddison is so pretty!

I LOVE Lost! I keep forgetting that it's on Tuesday nights now.

I love that name too! DH won't let us use it if we have a girl b/c of that silly umbrella song, but I think ppl will forget about that song in a few years anyway! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"