Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How long did your LO wear newborn clothes?

Sorry if this question gets asked a lot here. We got a TON of newborn clothes for our shower this weekend and I'm thinking about exchanging most if not all the stuff for 3-6 months. Thanks!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: How long did your LO wear newborn clothes?

• For most of the first 2 months, and she was 6lb 2oz at birth.
    2 girls and a dog
  • Just 1 month. Sad

edit: 8 pounds at birth. 7lbs7oz when we left the hospital.

• Loading the player...
  • It's crazy, but he still fits in some of the onesies.  And he's a big boy.  But a little more 0-3 clothes is a good idea.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Never.  DS was 9.8lbs.  No nb diapers either, we tried one in the hospital and it was like a thong LOL
  • wait and see how big LO is. DS was 9 lbs 6 oz and wore them for about 3-4 weeks- although it took a while for him to regain his birth weight. I woudl keep them and exchange them when the time comes.
  • At a month he is still in nb clothes and I think he will be for at least a couple more weeks. He was 5lb 8oz at birth though. I had exchanged all my nb stuff after my shower and after he was born had to go out shopping again so he has stuff to wear. I would at least keep some of it in case LO is smaller.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Mine wore it for about a month and he weighed 7lbs12oz at birth.  He is pretty small now though (17% at his 2 month appt) and is still wearing the 0-3 stuff and will be for at least a couple more weeks.  That being said, if you have a ton of newborn clothes I would probably exchange a few.  I would say you probably need a pack of onesies, 5 pjs, 1 or 2 going out outfits if you plan on taking him/her to church or whatever, and then 5 clothes/outfits for play around the house.   I think you could probably even get away with having less. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO is 5 weeks old and still wearing newborn outfits. We had to buy more! He weighed 7 lb 11 oz at birth and came a week late.
  • The first two weeks. LO was 8 lbs. 12 oz. at birth.
  • LO is a month tomorrow and he's in his 3 month old clothes. He was 8 lb. 10 oz. at birth.
  • DD is still wearing them, but they are beginning to get a bit snug.  She was 6lbs 11oz at birth.  In retrospect I should have had more newborn sizes on hand.  I had to buy additional outfits, because I mainly had 0-3 sizes after my shower. 
  • DD was 7lbs 5oz at birth and wore NB clothes for the first 5 weeks. She gained weight quickly and was almost 13 lbs at her 2 month appt. It really depends on the baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPhotobucket
  • Not even in the hospital. But he was a big boy - 10 lb 14 oz and 22 inches. He is now starting to grow out of 0-3 and 3 mo in some brands.
  • Still in them at almost 7w and she was 8lbs at birth and 7.4 when we left. 0-3 is still pretty big and 3-6 is enormous! I wish we had more NB size.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • About 6 weeks.  He was 7lbs, 1oz at birth, but significantly smaller than we expected, so thank goodness we had a fair amount of newborn stuff. 
  • He's still wearing them, at 7 weeks.  He's not going to fit in them much longer though!
  • DS grew out of them when he was 9.5 lbs, which was at 7 weeks. DD can still wear some now, she is just under 10 lbs but she is tiny.
  • about a month, she was 7lb 7oz at birth
  • He's still wearing quite a few NB things, but was 7 lb at birth and is just now 10 pounds.  He's growing out of many NB things but mainly in length.  He's still in size 1 diapers, for instance.

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • DD1-7 weeks  she was 6lbs 11oz 19 in

DS-2 weeks.  He was 7lbs 2oz 20 inches (he grew two inches in his first month)

DD2- 5 weeks.  She was 7lbs 12.5oz 20 inches. 

• For the first two months, but he was 5 lbs. 8 oz. at birth. He's in 0-3 now.
  • About 2-3 weeks.  He was 7lbs 9oz and 20" at birth.  By his 1mo appt, he was 10lbs 11oz and 22".  He outgrew NB in length more so than weight.

Ethan Michael - 12/21/09
    Norah Jewel - 2/26/14

• 6 weeks
    My Blog
    DD #1 {04-19-2004}
    Secondary IF: Severe MFI (low testosterone, low count, low morph, & very low motility) & Annovulation
    After 22 months IUI # 3 Clomid + Follistim = BFP
    DD #2 {12-31-2009}
    2 more years of failed IF treatments and a failed adoption TTC #3
    TTC Journey Over~ Not By Choice
  • DD is still in NB clothes and she weighed 9 lbs. 4 oz. as of last week. We actually had to go out and buy some more NB clothes because we didn't have enough.
  • My DS was 8lbs at birth & 9lbs 2 weeks later. He is now 10.5 lbs. He is still wearing NB diapers but as soon as we finish this pack we're switching to 1's.

He wore NB sleepers/clothes for 3 weeks (not gerber, he wore 0-3 in Gerber). I also found out that it was MUCH easier to put him in sleepers the first 3 weeks. We had some really cute little outfits but they rarely got used because they weren't handy for diaper changes etc.

#rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran

• He still fits in most of them.  Some of the sleepers are too short though but onesies fit great.  He was 7lb 10 oz at birth but only 10lbs 10 oz at his 2 month appt.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We just packed away the NB sizes yesterday...they would still fit, but we use cloth diapers which makes her little booty too big for the pants and onsies.  We had a lot of NB sizes, but used everything several times each.  We were actually short on 0-3 sizes.  DD was 7lb 4oz at  birth and weighed in at 8lb 14 oz at her 5 week apt.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"