Phoenix Babies
Options

Hospital suggestion NE Phoenix/Scottsdale

Big Smile Hi  everyone....just was wondering if you could help me with a choice between PV hospital and Scottsdale Shea....I have heard both good and bad about both and will be scheduling an appointment to tour both as well....but I was hoping that maybe some people would have suggestions from experiance or know of someone! Thanks for the opinions!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Zane_0196-1

Re: Hospital suggestion NE Phoenix/Scottsdale

• Options
    I have that option as well are you going to Caring for Women? I'm going to Scottsdale Health Care, I've heard stories of people/nurses not being the nicest at PV, and personally I know that SHC is one of the best hospitals and between the choice of PV or SHC it is the best choice. My best friend had her 2 children at SHC and loved it there, she said the nurses were very friendly and nice to her. A family member of mine works for SHC osborn but not the main part of the hospital, and I have gone to SHC for blood draws and when my grandma was in that Hospital they took great care of her.
  • Options

Yeah I have heard some stories mostly about PV so I was leaning more towards SHC....the one and only thing that I have heard about SHC is that there is really no nursery so there is really not any way of getting a couple of hours of sleep after delivery without the baby in the room.  I will probably end up there because other than that it has been nothing but great things about SHC.   I am going to Cornerstone Women's which I think is right down the street from where you go!  Well I really appreciate the advice!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
     I have heard nothing but great things about SHC.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options

Thank you....I am thinking that is where I will end up but just wanted to hear what everyone else thought!

• Options
    I'm not due for quite some time but I already know I'm going to Scottsdale HealthCare Shea, and I go to Caring for women too how funny! haha well My sister just had her daughter there in December and it is soo nice!! From what she said she loved everything and said everyone was extremely kind and helpful!!
  • Options
    Yeah I really wanted to go there to begin with....but my doctor just had her baby there and said it is wonderful there but....she was unable to get any sleep after the delivery due to them not really having a nursery....so she told me that I may atleast want to look into PV....but I think I am pretty much sold on Scottsdale Shea! Thanks for the advice!
  • Options

imagejessikarabbit11:
    Yeah I really wanted to go there to begin with....but my doctor just had her baby there and said it is wonderful there but....she was unable to get any sleep after the delivery due to them not really having a nursery....so she told me that I may atleast want to look into PV....but I think I am pretty much sold on Scottsdale Shea! Thanks for the advice!

That's ok with me because I plan on BF-ing soo that being said I would rather the baby just stay in there and be able to have help with the process plus SO will be there so if he/she needs something aside from eating he can take care of it for me. I'm not too worried about it and I personally think it'd help with the bonding experience with the baby being in the room and also would soothe him/her. I'm also a higher risk for PPD so I'm hoping to have a strong enough bond and be positive enough to prevent it from happening! I wanted this baby before we got pregnant so I don't think and at least hope I won't get PPD.

I <3 SHC and I am excited to be going there.

My Dr's office is right behind PV @ 40th St and Bell.

• Options

imageDgurl:

imagejessikarabbit11:

That's ok with me because I plan on BF-ing soo that being said I would rather the baby just stay in there and be able to have help with the process plus SO will be there so if he/she needs something aside from eating he can take care of it for me. I'm not too worried about it and I personally think it'd help with the bonding experience with the baby being in the room and also would soothe him/her. I'm also a higher risk for PPD so I'm hoping to have a strong enough bond and be positive enough to prevent it from happening! I wanted this baby before we got pregnant so I don't think and at least hope I won't get PPD.

I <3 SHC and I am excited to be going there.

My Dr's office is right behind PV @ 40th St and Bell.

It is very rough that first month or so. Just have to remember that it's something everyone goes through. I too was at a higher risk for it due to depression in the past, but I made it. Try to stay as positive as possible and take any chance you can to talk to someone about what you're going through and feeling, and ask for help if you need it. I'm so stubborn that part didn't happen with me, lol. GL and I'm sure you will be fine!!!

I was soooo not a fan of delivering at a hospital with a nursery. I know they have the baby lojack and all, but I'd rather them be in there with me. Especially for the bonding and stuff. I waited 9 months for the him, I didn't want him anywhere else but in my arms or right next to my bed! The baby will sleep a lot anyway. Honestly, you're going to get more woken up by the nurses coming in to take your vitals and stuff. They don't care, they will just wake you up! I think mine were being checked every hour, or 2 hours. You're not really going to get much sleep either way :)

Scottsdale Shea is a very nice hospital, my friend just had her boy there a few months ago. She now works for her ob that delivers there 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imagejessikarabbit11:

I delivered at SHC in July and although they don't have a nursery for all babies the nurse did offer me more than once to take her to the nursery if I needed her to. And also the nurse will come in whenever you need her to help you out so you can get your rest. I love the hospital and do not have one bad thing to say and have never heard anybody else say anything bad either.

• Options
    Scottsdale Shea is a great hospital. To give a slightly different perspective, we had a unique experience as our baby had to stay in the NICU for 11 days. I am so thankful for the wonderful doctors and nurses there, and would tell you that it is a great place to give birth, as well as a great place to have your baby stay, should he/she need some extra attention. Best of luck to you. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I absolutely loved my experience at SHC when I had my daughter there in November 08. All the nurses were awesome (during labor and recovery). The room was nice and they were super accomodating with family and visitors and stuff...I will definitely have my next kid(s) there!
  • Options
    Thanks again ladies! I have made the choice to go with SHC thanks to all of your wonderful opinions! Hope everyone is doing well! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"