Infertility
Options

day21 bloodwork.

i know this is to check my progesterone levels to see if i ovulated or not. anything above a 5 they say is fine (shows that i Oed)

if its real high could it mean im preg? is there any corrolation?

Re: day21 bloodwork.

• Options

Your progesterone level needs to be taken 7 days past ovulation.  So, unless you ovulate on day 14 - a day 21 test is useless.

Most doctors like to see the number above 15 to verify that you did O - not sure where you are getting 5 from.

There is no correlation between high progesterone and pregnancy.  Some people just have higher levels even when not pregnant.

• Options
    imageLCB34:

Your progesterone level needs to be taken 7 days past ovulation.  So, unless you ovulate on day 14 - a day 21 test is useless.

Most doctors like to see the number above 15 to verify that you did O - not sure where you are getting 5 from.

There is no correlation between high progesterone and pregnancy.  Some people just have higher levels even when not pregnant.

This. Medicated over 15 & non medicated cycles above 10.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

While I agree with PP's, not all doctors need to see over 15 for a medicated cycle. Some still go with 10, depending on the type of medicine you've used.

I know my doctor used to have me do the CD21 check until we found a medicine that made me ovulate. One month it worked and the next month I was sure I didn't ovulate. I did, but just really late in the cycle. I still had a progesterone level show up on the CD21, and the fact I had some level (while not 7 dpo) indicated to them the medicine did work. I took it again the following month and ovulated on CD15. It was a weird month, but it still told them what they needed to know.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"