New Orleans Babies

Hotel and Food Help!

Hey ladies! I'm going to New Orleans for Spring Break with a couple friends and was hoping you could recommend a good hotel and restaurants that aren't too expensive. Also, any tips for places to visit?

TIA!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Hotel and Food Help!

• Since you are coming for Spring Break, you may want to consider a hotel in downtown New Orleans. That way you can walk to pretty much everything, or catch the street car which would be beneficial b/c parking gets ridiculous downtown. The Marriott has some reasonable rates. I'm not sure when spring break is, but you may want to book your hotel room now b/c downtown hotels book really quickly in New Orleans!

As far as restaurants go, what types of foods are you interested in? I love seafood so I could recommend Acme Oyster House and Bubba Gump Shrimp is delicious! There are also SEVERAL New Orleans cuisine restaurants downtown. Cheesecake Bistro is pretty good and their prices aren't too bad. And definitely stop at Cafe Dumonde for some beignets (delicious deep fried french donut!). Places to visit...hmmm, check out the French Quarters and the French Market. Go down Bourbon street, if you dare, and have a Hurricane (just don't go down too far where the street lights end!! lol!)and the River Walk is beautiful day and night. Have fun during your trip!!

Nia, Mom to Jayden Michael, Born 12/04/06, Adopted 12/07/06
    And Elias Parker, Born 3.5 weeks early 12/20/2011 image
    FINALLY!!! After 7 years of infertility! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMakinroom4baby:

Since you are coming for Spring Break, you may want to consider a hotel in downtown New Orleans. That way you can walk to pretty much everything, or catch the street car which would be beneficial b/c parking gets ridiculous downtown. The Marriott has some reasonable rates. I'm not sure when spring break is, but you may want to book your hotel room now b/c downtown hotels book really quickly in New Orleans!

As far as restaurants go, what types of foods are you interested in? I love seafood so I could recommend Acme Oyster House and Bubba Gump Shrimp is delicious! There are also SEVERAL New Orleans cuisine restaurants downtown. Cheesecake Bistro is pretty good and their prices aren't too bad. And definitely stop at Cafe Dumonde for some beignets (delicious deep fried french donut!). Places to visit...hmmm, check out the French Quarters and the French Market. Go down Bourbon street, if you dare, and have a Hurricane (just don't go down too far where the street lights end!! lol!) LMAO and the River Walk is beautiful day and night. Have fun during your trip!!

They places she suggested was good! If you are coming for the New Orleans "experience" then def go to Bourbon Street and ride the street cars! Have fun and don't wear any other NFL gear other than Saints :)

• Loading the player...
  • If you stay on St. Charles, you can probably get a cheaper hotel rate but can ride the streetcar downtown and to the French Quarter. I think there's a Holiday Inn. I would recommend the jazz brunch at Court of Two Sisters. Love it! Otherwise, there are a variety of hotels downtown ranging from swanky to chain. Have fun! If you're bringing little ones make sure you check out the Aquarium of the Americas, Children's Museum or Audubon Zoo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"