Postpartum Depression

How long do you plan on taking meds?

I told my ob that I was not comfortable going off of meds after 3 months on them, and he agreed to prescribe them for 3 more months. What about you ladies? Any time limits (self imposed or otherwise)?

Re: How long do you plan on taking meds?

• That's a good question.  I've been on them since the end of October.  And I have an appt with my psychiatrist in April, so I guess at least 6 months.  Not sure how long to stay on them.
    Allison
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • my psychiatrist wanted me to stay on them til DS was about a year old. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't have a limit, but I felt ready around 3-4 months later I believe... and with counseling... I think counseling helped me much more than the meds. 
  • My midwife said it takes 6-9 months for the hormones to go back to normal.... so 6-9 months : )
  • I plan to take them as long as I need to in order to continue to feel better. I don't want to go backto feeling the way that I did after LO's birth.  They say that PPD can develop during the baby's first year, so I plan to take them for at least that long.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have no idea. I just met with my psychiatrist for the first time last week, until then my OB was handling my medications. My psych. is switching my meds up a bit and didn't say how long I would have to be on them. I have heard though that most docs like you to take them for up to a year like PP have said.
    DD 12/1/2009
    TTC#2 Since May 2012
    Dx PCOS February 2013 on Metformin 1500 mg
    Met with RE October 2013, we've got a plan!
    Surprise BFP on "break cycle" 10/12/13. EDD 6/17/14.
    MMC discovered 11/25/13 at 10 weeks. D&C 11/27/13.
    BFP 2/8/14 Beta#1: 176, Prog 18! Beta#2:335, Prog, 19.5!
    EDD 10/16/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"