South Florida Babies
Options

Holy Fenugreek Batman!

I must say what a miracle pill this is! I decided to take Fenugreek cause I felt that my milk was low cause Jonah doesnt seem to be getting enough from me cause he would be hungry again 10 minutes later after nursing for over an hour. I must say its amazing how well it works. Yesterday was my 2nd day taking it and ive already noticed an increase in my milk. I was able to nurse Jonah normally and was able to pump 20 ounces of milk!! Where as I was only able to pump 3 maybe 4 a DAY! I was getting nervous cause im going back to work next month and had no reserve for him, I have 4 bags of 5 oz of milk frozen already!! Thats a miracle all in itself cause I wasnt able to pump enough to freeze so any little amount I would pump I would bottle feed it to him. Just wanted to share my experience! Big Smile

Re: Holy Fenugreek Batman!

• Options
    And smelling like pancakes is a plus! Jon seems to like it LOL! Party!!!
  • Options

Awesome!  Glad it's working for you.  I love that if you're smelling like pancake syrup, you know you're taking enough!  I have used it off and on for a while, too.  I recently started using Mother's Milk tea and Blessed Thistle, too, and I saw a huge increase in my pumping output from adding those.

Tania

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The syrup smell drives me a little batty, but I'll put up with it if it means my supply will stay up. Does mother's milk & blessed thistle do the same thing as fenugreek?
  • Options

imageUMwife:
    The syrup smell drives me a little batty, but I'll put up with it if it means my supply will stay up. Does mother's milk & blessed thistle do the same thing as fenugreek?

Yes, both are meant to increase milk supply.  The Mother's Milk Tea actually has some fenugreek and I believe blessed thistle in it, along with fennel and some other herbs, but it really worked well for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"