Postpartum Depression
Options

Anyone feel anxious about how time is flying by??

Does anyone else have the irrational worry/anxiety about how their life is going by so fast?  I feel like my LO is growing up too fast - my parents are getting old - my life is flying by - feelings like that??  I just wondered if anyone else had that - I look at stuff and get upset because old pictures makes me sad, stuff like that.  Not that I'm regretting my life or anything, just that it seems to be going to fast and I don't feel like I can stop and enjoy it.  Weird I know, I just wondered if anyone else had that too. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Anyone feel anxious about how time is flying by??

• Options

I do understand what you mean, although this is not normally what I worry about.  I have felt like I am getting older too fast at times, though. 

No matter what it is about, having a great deal of anxiety is not something you should have to suffer with.  Hopefully you can discuss feelings like this with a doctor or counselor, too!  And continue to vent your worries here all that you need to!  Good luck to you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

i had the opposite.  i felt like time was crawling and i was obsessed with what other people's LO's were doing at a certain age.  i felt like i had to know when they would smile/crawl/walk/grab things, etc.  In the same way, I didn't enjoy the time i had because i was constantly looking ahead.

i think what you're feeling is pretty normal.  they do grow up fast, so enjoy taking pictures to document it!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes.  YES!!

I just started taking zoloft a week ago- and the tiny dose is about to increase, I'm trying to take note of any symptoms and my own feelings etc (no I don't have PPD- just depression that I've never treated and I'm pregnant)

Just the other day I was watching clouds blowing across the sky and I thought... "you know- this ordinarily would make me weep."  another one that really gets me - Goldfinches... in the late summer- the song they make and they way they fly... something about the sight of them can almost bring me to my knees as they fly across the fields collecting their harvest of seeds at the summer's end- and I feel like I am DYING.. another summer gone... winter coming, a year lost, time marching on and I'm turning to ash.

• Options
    I did for the first 2 months. I felt I had to record everything and take tons of photos etc.  I was a little crazy about it.  Now I'm just trying to enjoy the baby because it is flying by but I'm okay with that now.  Your baby is only a week old though.  It seems a little soon to be worrying about him growing up too soon. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    YES!  I am so afraid of my little boy growing up, I struggle with wanting to keep him little forever.  I think I am so busy worrying about him growing up that I lose track of enjoying my time with him now and how watching him grow is not going to be as tragic as I fear.
  • Options

I found my daughter's umbilical cord clamp in her bassinet drawer while getting ready to leave the hospital and I thought to myself, "how is this part over already?" 

I sobbed hysterically leaving the hospital and broke down 2-3 times daily about how fast everything was going and like you said, my parents are getting older, most of my grandparents are gone, etc.  I sat on the hospital bed before leaving and looked at my mom while sobbing and asked her how we got so old so fast.  We cried together for a long while.

My feelings started to subside after she turned 1 month.  She started doing new things like mimicking me puckering my lips, smiling HUGE smiles, really liking her bath, sleeping through the night, etc., and this made me realize how many wonderful things are to come.  My DH told me to just try to squeeze every last drop out of each day and enjoy each day, and that's all you can really do.  He's right.

Anyways, yes, I did feel that way and sometimes still do, but it did get better with time.  If yours doesn't get better, obviously you should talk to someone.  Feel better. :)

Married in 2008 - DD born in 2010 - EDD 6.15.2012!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"